Are you looking for the best sheet pan BBQ chicken nachos recipe? This recipe uses shredded chicken (made in the Instant Pot, slow cooker, or stove top), and it packs some incredible flavor. After the chicken is prepared, they only take minutes to make!
Shredded Chicken NachosEasy dinners are the best, aren’t they? I know sheet pan meals are all the rage right now (or, at least, I think they are still!), and they really are the ultimate easy meal solution. I always feel like the less dishes I can use, the better! A few weeks ago, I asked in a group I am in for some ideas for what to feed the missionaries for dinner when they came to our house for dinner, and someone suggested making BBQ chicken nachos. Ever since then, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. For some reason, it just sounded oh-so-delicious! So I finally got around to coming up with a recipe, and they turned out just as delicious as I was hoping. I made the BBQ chicken in my Instant Pot, which made for a really simple prep. However, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use this recipe for slow cooker BBQ chicken or this one that can be made on the stove top. After you have the chicken made, all you have to do is pile on the toppings and cook for about 10 minutes. I do recommend broiling at the end but make sure you keep a careful eye on it. As you can probably tell, I let mine broil for about 30 seconds too long – and it got a little browner on top than I meant for it to be. It also looks a little darker since I used blue corn tortilla chips from Trader Joes, rather than a traditional white or yellow. But even with it being a little more done, these nachos tasted delicious. It might be one of my go to dinners from now on! So if you are looking for a delicious sheet pan nachos recipe – look no further. This will be a recipe you’ll want to make time and time again.
How to Make Chicken Nachos
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3/4 bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, I used a 16 ounce bag
- 1-2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 15 ounce can of corn
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large green or red tomato, diced
- 1 15 ounce can of Black beans, drained
- Cook chicken breast in BBQ sauce. If you use the Instant Pot, cook 1 pound for 15 minutes on manual high pressure with about 10 minutes on natural pressure release. You can also cook the chicken on the stove top or crock pot (see notes for those recipes).
- Shred chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place tortilla chips on a large cookie sheet with edges.
- Place shredded chicken and other toppings on top evenly, finishing with the cheese.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes. Broil on high for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- The Best Instant Pot BBQ Chicken with Potatoes
- Loaded Pulled Pork Potato Nachos
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Leave a Reply