Today we are going on our second long road trip of the summer — this time from North Carolina to Louisiana. In case you were wondering, I really don’t like road trips, so I’m hoping the 13-15 hours in the car will fly by! I just bought It Starts With Food and The Total Money Makeover, so I’m hoping those books make time go a little bit quicker.
As I’ve mentioned before, my favorite food to bring on road trips are chicken salad sandwiches. My mom always made these growing up, and I’ve carried on the tradition. I love my chicken salad with chunks in it, grapes, and sometimes nuts, all placed on top of a buttery croissant! As we prepared to drive from Utah to North Carolina, I decided to make a chicken salad with a few new twists. It’s based off a chicken salad I LOVE from Costco.
I usually make my chicken salad with canned chicken, but I thought rotisserie chicken would be even tastier. Since I’ve been participating in Bacon Month, it only seemed fitting to put some crispy bacon in as well. I also threw in some different spices, just to mix things up a little bit. This is definitely my favorite recipe yet, and I think you should try it ASAP! Perfect for parties, road trips, or just for lunch!
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
- 1.5 cups rotisserie chicken
- 3-4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo with olive oil
- a couple shakes of lemon pepper seasoning
- a couple shakes of southwest seasoning it has salt, onion powder, garlic powder, tumeric, paprika, etc. Celestial Seasonings variety
- 5-7 grapes sliced
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and place in bowl with crumbled bacon.
- Mix chicken and bacon with olive oil.
- Add seasonings and sliced grapes.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Place a layer of chicken salad on each croissant.
- Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).