Today we are going on our second long road trip of the summer — this time from North Carolina to Louisiana. In case you were wondering, I really don’t like road trips, so I’m hoping the 13-15 hours in the car will fly by! I just bought It Starts With Food and The Total Money Makeover, so I’m hoping those books make time go a little bit quicker.
As I’ve mentioned before, my favorite food to bring on road trips are chicken salad sandwiches. My mom always made these growing up, and I’ve carried on the tradition. I love my chicken salad with chunks in it, grapes, and sometimes nuts, all placed on top of a buttery croissant! As we prepared to drive from Utah to North Carolina, I decided to make a chicken salad with a few new twists. It’s based off a chicken salad I LOVE from Costco.
I usually make my chicken salad with canned chicken, but I thought rotisserie chicken would be even tastier. Since I’ve been participating in Bacon Month, it only seemed fitting to put some crispy bacon in as well. I also threw in some different spices, just to mix things up a little bit. This is definitely my favorite recipe yet, and I think you should try it ASAP! Perfect for parties, road trips, or just for lunch!
Chicken & Bacon Salad Sandiwches
- 1.5 cups rotisserie chicken
- 3-4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo with olive oil
- a couple shakes of lemon pepper seasoning
- a couple shakes of southwest seasoning it has salt, onion powder, garlic powder, tumeric, paprika, etc. Celestial Seasonings variety
- 5-7 grapes sliced
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and place in bowl with crumbled bacon.
- Mix chicken and bacon with olive oil.
- Add seasonings and sliced grapes.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Place a layer of chicken salad on each croissant.
- Keep refrigerated or in a cooler.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com