An easy weeknight meal that combines two popular dishes – pizza and spaghetti – into something the whole family will love – an easy Pizzetti Recipe!
Pizetti: Spaghetti and Pizza
- 8 ounce bag Kraft Colby and Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 box spaghetti noodles
- 24 ounce can Hunts spaghetti sauce any flavor
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 bag pepperonis
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Bring pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large pan and drain. Add spaghetti sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.. Cook over medium heat until warm. Lower heat to low, and stir occasionally.
- Mix together 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Spray the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 11 glass dish, and press crumbs into the bottom of the dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, spaghetti noodles, and 1/2 bag of the cheese and pour into glass dish evenly. Cover the top with remaining cheese, and arrange pepperonis on top of that. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
It’s the weekend. What’s for dinner?
For us, the answer is usually spaghetti or pizza. Simple, easy, and — most importantly — delicious. So what about those days when the family is split — half want to order pizza, and the other half want nice, warm pasta?
Pizetti — that’s what.
I know, I know. It sounds weird. Some things just shouldn’t be put together. But, spaghetti and pizza are not one of those things. I made a pizza casserole awhile back (which I’ll share the recipe for one of these days) which was pretty much the base for this, but tweeked a little bit. Forrest really liked this, and I had actually forgotten about it until I was going through my pictures today. Needless to say, I was excited to rediscover this, and you can bet it will be on our weekly meal plan in the coming weeks
This is a very versatile and easy dish, that can be adapted for your specific tastes — you could use sausage instead of ground beef, ham instead of pepperonis, or throw some black olives on top. The possibilities are endless!
How would you customize your pizzetti?
Want to try another pizza-like recipe? Be sure to check out one of our most popular posts ever, copycat Pizza Hut sliders: