If you love BBQ Chicken Pizza, you’ll LOVE this easy BBQ Chicken Casserole — tangy BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, pineapple, and more make this a winning meal, perfect for any day of the week! Recipe at bottom of post.
We make a lot of casseroles around here. And, since some of our most popular recipes on this blog are casseroles, I’m guessing a lot of our readers do, too! Casseroles are just so easy to throw together and usually have great flavor. I think they are perfect for any time of the week, too, especially for busy families. They are usually pretty easy to freeze, as well!
Since we like casseroles so much, we are always making up new versions of our old favorite foods — just in the casserole version (such as our sausage and pepperoni pizza casserole.) One of my favorite kinds of pizza is BBQ Chicken Pizza, but I don’t always feel like ordering pizza, or making one from scratch. So when Forrest suggested we make a BBQ chicken casserole, which contains all the fantastic flavors that I love about BBQ chicken pizza (BBQ sauce, chicken, onions, pineapple) in one casserole dish.
We honestly coun’t get enough of this! This recipe makes enough for an 8×8 dish and none of us could stop eating it. Forrest and I kept saying to each other, “This is seriously so good.” I can’t hardly wait to make it again. We used KC Masterpiece’s Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce for this recipe. It’s tangy, a little bit sweet, and best of all, has no high fructose corn syrup. Do you know how hard it is to find a reasonably priced BBQ sauce that doesn’t contain that? Since Jack has a fructose intolerance, we have to be more vigilant about that, and I love that we didn’t have to worry about this sauce having that in it. This is the 35th Anniversary Blend, and so good!
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips and grilled
- 1/2 pound uncooked farfalle
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta until done. Drain.
- Grill chicken on stove or on grill. Cut strips into bit size pieces once cooked.
- In a 8x8 dish, place all the ingredients (except for the cheese) and mix together until combined.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove tin foil and cook for another 10.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1311 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 1939mg Carbohydrates: 188g Sugar: 21g Protein: 74g
Instead of a crust, we used bow tie pasta, and we grilled the chicken on our grill pan. In hindsight, we wish we would have put crispy bacon in it as well but even without it, the dish was fantastic. It could easily be made ahead of time and then frozen (a great meal to take a new mom or someone that is sick), and we felt like it was very family friendly!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com