This one pot rigatoni is saucy and cheesy, and it’s a better-for-you pasta option – it’s a weight watchers friendly pasta! Saucy, creamy, and DELICIOUS!
If you ask Jack what his favorite food is, without a doubt, he will say, “Pasta and Salad – you know those are my favorites!”
Needless to say, we eat a lot of pasta around here. Fortunately, I love pasta, too, and there’s so much versatility in what you can make.
I’ve made lasagna pasta a few times in the past (even though it doesn’t actually have lasagna noodles…weird). Since I am on Weight Watchers right now, I decided to make a few healthier swaps and use rigatoni pasta.
It turned out so good! This is a great one pot pasta dish, and everyone in the family loved it. It really does taste like lasagna! It’s saucy, creamy, and cheesy – all essentials in life 😉
Jack and Oliver both asked for seconds (possibly thirds), and I can hardly wait to eat it at lunch time!
One serving is 10 points using the points plus model with Weight Watchers. Obviously not the lowest point meal, but for it being a hearty pasta dinner, I’d say it’s not too bad!
- 2/3 lb rigatoni pasta
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups reserved pasta water.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- Cook pasta until al dente (according to instructions on box) - reserve 1.5 cups of the pasta water, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and cook red onion and garlic until soft.
- Add ground turkey, oregano, and parsley and cook until browned. Drain excess grease.
- Add in pasta sauce and pasta water, let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan and mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Let simmer about five minutes, or until it reaches desired thickness.
- Add Greek yogurt five minutes before serving.