This cheesy chicken enchilada soup recipe is made in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker), and it’s easily the best soup I’ve ever made. It’s filled with enchilada sauces, chicken, cheese, and more. It will fill your heart and warm your soul!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup – Instant PotIt was only a matter of time before I transformed my favorite soup of all time – Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili – into an Instant Pot recipe. I would get this soup all the time when we lived in Utah (Dear Zupas: Still waiting for you to come to Colorado), so a few years ago, I made a version that I could enjoy at home. It is seriously SO good. I can hardly wait to eat the leftovers whenever we make it. It’s a bit thicker of a soup – though if you want it to be thinner, you can easily just add a little more chicken broth. It’s just so hearty and cheesy and creamy…what’s not to like?! Anyways, you all know my life affair with all things Instant Pot (have you read our beginner’s Instant Pot guide yet?), so I obviously had to convert this from a stove top recipe to an Instant Pot recipe. I’ll admit that sometimes it takes me a little bit to get things just right – but this recipe turned out perfectly the first time. In fact, I might go as far to say that this is my new favorite Instant Pot creation. I know that it’s probably getting warmer everywhere, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice bowl of soup. And I promise you – this is one you’ll want to make ALL year long.
Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- 12 ounces grilled chicken strips, defrosted
- 1 cup chicken broth, or 1 cup water with chicken boullion cube
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can green chiles, diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted + 2 tablespoon white flour
- Put Instant pot in saute. Add olive oil, chicken strips and diced green chiles and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, both enchilada sauces, corn, beans, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix.
- Press “soup” setting on Instant Pot for 7 minutes.
- Let release pressure manually for 10 minutes; quick release the rest.
- Turn to saute and add milk, cheese, and the butter/flour mixture. Whisk quickly until desired consistency is reached.