Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe (With Slow Cooker Instructions)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m a new mom who just went back to work full-time, so finding ways to save time and money and energy are more of a priority than ever.
Anything that gives me more time to spend cuddling my baby or making memories with my family is a good thing in my book.
Since going back to work, I’ve been focusing more on finding ways to do meaningful things with my little family, like making and eating healthy dinners together.
This means I am becoming more conscious about how I spend my time and money, and what we put into our bodies. That’s why I’ve become a huge fan of shopping at my local Food Lion. They make it easy to save time and money while still having fresh and healthy ingredients for my family.
Ever since I was a young college kid, I’ve loved going through the weekly circular, getting ideas about what I want to eat for the week. It’s almost become a weekly ritual to see what’s on sale, get good ideas for meals, and then have something fresh and in season for dinner each week. Now that I have a baby, I am very focused on planning meals that are both healthy and fit my budget.
Food Lion has had their circular online for a while now so I would browse it every week on the computer before my weekend grocery store trip.
Recently, they’ve upgraded their phone app to have the interactive weekly circular there, too, along with coupons and other things that are found in the circular.
The app has become totally comprehensive, making preparing for shopping a lot easier.
I can browse the weekly ad and add things to my list directly, even when I’m not in front of a computer. I can also add coupons and other discounts to my MVP card so when I swipe the card, the coupons are automatically available.
Also, I can add items that aren’t in the weekly circular, such as milk, bananas, and the like, so I can have everything I need in one place. I just type in the item, and it gives me options to make sure I pick exactly what I want.
So, now I can plan and organize my weekly meals or look for ideas when I have a free minute or two, as long as I’m near my phone, and I’m always near my phone! This week, I made my shopping list while I was stuck on a conference call. Then, when I’m at the store, I can pull out my phone and have everything I need to shop all ready to go!
The helpfulness of the app doesn’t end at making a shopping list, though. Even better than just being able to make lists in the app, the lists tell you where in the store your items are! You can choose how you want it to tell you where things are, and go from there. No more meandering through the store looking for the last item and adding all sorts of unplanned items to your cart, or worse, forgetting something essential and having to go back to the store for one more thing (and coming out with fifteen unplanned purchases…)
This time I was shopping for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, which is a recipe that was in their app, so I made a special list for only those ingredients. Because I had my list and knew exactly where I was going for each item, I was in and out in record time, and Cadbury Mini Eggs were the only thing to make it into the cart that wasn’t on my list! (the slow cooker recipe was adapted below for the Instant Pot – but the original Slow Cooker instructions are included, as well!).
Saving time and money are good reasons to shop at Food Lion, of course, but the biggest reason I choose to go there is because I know that when I do, I am always going to get the best quality food at an affordable price.
I need to stay healthy for my family, and one of the most important ways to do that is to eat food that’s good for me a regular basis.
I love that Food Lion sets high standards for their stores, with fresh produce and meat, good values throughout the store, excellent customer service and helpful planning tools. They also have a great Fresh Ideas Blog to help make things even easier.
And that means more to me now more than ever. You can download the app below for your mobile device:
French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 3-4 pound beef chuck roast, (about 2" thick)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 medium yellow onions, , sliced
- 1 packet beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon "Better than Bouillon" beef base
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 6-8 sub rolls
- 12-14 slices of cheese
Instant Pot Instructions
- Season all sides of chuck roast with onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cut into three pieces)
- Drizzle olive oil into pot
- Place meat into pot.
- Add onions, beefy onion soup mix, "Better than Bouillon", apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Cook Manual HIgh for 45-47 minutes
- NPR 10 minutes
- Cut and place on toasted sub rolls with cheese.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium to high heat. Sear the roast on all sides, browning it. Use a pair of tongs to turn the roast.
- Put the browned roast in the crockpot. Place the sliced onions in the pot, around the roast. Sprinkle the roast with seasonings. Add the apple cider and cook on low for about 5-6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Place the roast on a cutting board and slice it thinly. Place the sliced meat back into the juices.
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees F. Place your rolls in the oven to make them crunchy. Slice the rolls and place the bottoms on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place a layer of meat on the bottom, then onions and drizzle with a little au jus. Top each sandwich with several slices of cheese. Place the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Place the top of the sub roll on and enjoy. Dip in remaining au jus.
Instant Pot instructions adapted from the Food Lion slow cooker recipe
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes:
- Easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Pozole Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Cornish Game Hen Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff with Ground Beef
- Easy Instant Pot Apricot Chicken
- The Best Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- The Best Instant Pot BBQ Chicken with Potatoes
- The Only Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe You Need