I’m a little obsessed with coconut macaroons. I mean, I just posted this recipe for caramel coconut macaroons a few days ago, and here I am, sharing another variation! I can’t help it — coconut macaroons are my favorite.
I was actually about to make those caramel ones again, but then I realized…I didn’t have anymore caramel bits left! I was so sad…until I saw a package of half-used Andes Peppermint Chips in the cupboard, and I thought those would be a delicious and festive way to dress up my coconut macaroon recipe.
They turned out pretty delicious. I was going to top them with a chocolate drizzle (as you can see a little bit of on some of these cookies) but, let’s just say that didn’t work out. Fortunately, they didn’t need that anyways, because they tasted pretty delicious with just the addition of the peppermint chips.
And yes, these pictures don’t do them justice. We are in Colorado, so I don’t have any of my backdrops (or that great of lighting). But trust me on this — these are delicious…and oh so easy.
Peppermint Coconut Macaroons
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag Andes peppermint chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Add in egg whites and vanilla, and mix until no dryness exists and dough can be formed into small balls. Add peppermint chips and mix again.
- To make cookies, take a small piece of the dough and roll into a ball (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.) Place on well-greased cookie sheet (or silicone baking mat) and repeat until cookie sheet is full. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the tops start to brown.
- Place cookies on a wire cooling rack.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com