This easy chorizo breakfast casserole recipe is sure to take your taste buds on a culinary adventure with the spiciness of the chorizo and green chile!
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
Easy Skillet Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup P.A.N. Corn Meal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce
- Cook and crumble chorizo. Drain excess grease from chorizo and add back to the skillet.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a skillet that has a lid. Let cook about 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook on stove about 5 minutes.
- Move to oven at 400 degrees. Bake about 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are set completely.
You probably know by now that I’m a big fan of brunch – especially breakfast casseroles. I just can’t get enough! Oddly enough, though, my breakfast is usually a big bowl of Oat Squares or Honey Bunches of Oats and maybe a banana. I probably have breakfast foods for lunch or dinner far more often than I actually do for breakfast. Maybe I’m just too tired in the morning. That’s the most likely reason.
Anyways, I’m excited to share this one skillet breakfast casserole with you! It’s super hearty, easy to make, and, best of all…you only need one dish. If you think I’m too tired to make a big breakfast in the morning, you know I’m too tired to do the dishes afterwards.
I like to call this a southwest breakfast casserole because of the addition of chorizo and green chiles. It’s definitely got some spice to it! Though if you want to tame it down a little bit, you can probably use sausage. We love chorizo though!
I made this dish a little more substantial by adding 1 cup of P.A.N. cornmeal to it. I LOVED the texture that it added, so don’t let the seemingly random addition scare you away. It makes it feel more like a breakfast pizza in a way. I really like the P.A.N. cornmeal brand because of it’s texture. Cornmeal is a staple in countries all over the world, and while P.A.N. has existed for many years, it’s only recently made it’s debut in the USA! Here are some other delicious recipes using P.A.N cornmeal (and don’t forget to check out my spicy hush puppies from a few weeks ago as well.)
I really feel like this dish is super simple and easy, yet it’s quite the culinary exploration with the combination of the ingredients. We can’t wait to make it again soon!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com