Have you tried Olive Garden’s loaded pasta chips? They are one of our favorite food items to get there! Piled high with chicken, bolognese, and Alfredo sauce, and topped with Italian cheese and cherry peppers – this is one appetizer you don’t want to miss!
Copycat Olive Garden Loaded Pasta Chips
I love a good Olive Garden copycat recipe – don’t you?
I think that Olive Garden may be the restaurant we make the most copycat recipes from – partially because sometimes I go there, I think something is amazing, and then it’s gone faster than it appeared.
That’s what happened with the Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie that I fell in love with…only to have it taken away weeks later.
Anyways. A few months ago, I saw their loaded pasta chips being advertised, and I knew I had to try them.
We went over to Olive Garden, ordered a batch, and they were every bit as delicious as I imagined! In fact, we ordered them again a few weeks later.
I’m not sure how long these will be there (or to be honest, if they even still have them. We haven’t been to Olive Garden in quite some time!), but I know that they are something that I want to make time and time again.
When you look on the website, it gives some information about what’s in them, but I found that it wasn’t as descriptive about everything. So I took notes as I ate them, and I think I have a pretty good understanding of everything on them.
The loaded pasta chips have:
- Fried lasagna noodles
- Bolognese (which contains Italian sausage and ground beef)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken breast – seasoned and cut up
- Italian cheeses
- Cherry peppers
We did have a little bit of trouble finding the cherry peppers, and I don’t really think they make or break this dish (unless, of course, you love cherry peppers), so feel free to omit those if you’d like.
For the Italian cheeses, I tend to just buy the Kraft Italian cheese blend. It seems to work pretty well, and in this recipe, you just sprinkle it on top.
As far as the sauces go, you don’t need an entire batch for this recipe – in fact, you only need about one cup of the bolognese, and 1/4-1/2 cup of the alfredo sauce.
Olive Garden publishes their bolognese sauce recipe online (which you can read here), though if you have an Instant Pot, you should most definitely use our Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce recipe. It is delicious!
For the Alfredo sauce, I love my friend’s Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce copycat recipe.
Both of these sauces do freeze pretty well, so if you don’t want to use them within a day or so, you can definitely freeze them for later.
Anyways – this makes for a great appetizer or main dish. My entire family really enjoyed it, and I know we will continue to enjoy it for years to come.
How to Make Pasta Chips
A big part of this recipe is the fried pasta chips – and they are oh so delicious.
They are pretty easy to make, and all you need is:
- Cooked lasagna noodles
- Oil for frying
You will need to put a couple inches of oil into a pot and heat it up. While it’s heating, you will cut your lasagna noodles into thirds.
After the oil is ready, just place a couple of noodles into the pot and let them cook until they start to look bubbly and crispy. Drain the excess grease and set aside until you are ready to assemble.
Olive Garden Copy Cat Recipes
If you are a big fan of Olive Garden, here are all our copycat recipes from them:
- Olive Garden Five Cheese Marinara
- Copycat Olive Garden Giant Sausage Stuffed Rigatoni Recipe
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie
- Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce: Olive Garden Copycat
Italian Pasta Chips
Olive Garden Loaded Pasta Chips Recipe
- 12 lasagna noodles - boiled and drained
- 1 cup batch of Olive Garden Bolognese https://www.clarkscondensed.com/food/instant-pot/instant-pot-olive-garden-bolognese/
- ½ cup Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce https://www.cupcakediariesblog.com/2011/05/copycat-olive-garden-alfredo-sauce.html
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cherry Peppers
- 1/4 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- Prepare sauces and keep warm - refrigerate or freeze the extra.
- Boil noodles, drain water and pat dry.
- Heat a pan of cooking oil and fry each lasagna noodle. Drain grease and when cooled break each piece in half.
- Season chicken breast generously with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper
- Cook in a little bit of olive oil until cooked through:
- Assembly: Fried pasta chips, chicken, bolognese, then cherry peppers, and top with Italian blend cheeses (don’t melt these or anything. Just a topping!)
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com