Brown Bag Popcorn is a much tastier and healthier alternative to store bought microwave popcorn. Perfect when topped with coconut oil, butter, or parmesan cheese!
recipe at end of post
So, curious about my week #1 update on the Lean Moms’ program?
I’ll be honest, I did the cleanse for two days, but I had to quit. It made me sick. Literally sick to my stomach. I almost threw up several times, and came very close to passing out a few times (once in the middle of T-mobile!) I wanted to do it, but I believe if something is making you sick…you shouldn’t do it. So, I checked with Lean Moms, and they said it was fine to skip it.
So, for the rest of the week, I loosely followed the meal plan. And when I say loosely, I mean that I pretty much followed it until dinner time, when I just tried to eat something healthy-ish, and a moderate portion of. I also made it to the gym three times, and did other exercises on the off day. Overall, I feel good, and motivated to keep going.
Here are my updated stats:
Weight: I actually gained weight, but when you start doing strength workouts, that’s typical. Not fun to see a number go up though, regardless of the reason!
Waist: – 1 inch
Thighs: -.5 inch on each thigh
Bicep: -.5 on one, stayed the same on the other.
I also wanted to share a delicious, and easy, snack that I’ve started making recently. Brown bag microwave popcorn. Basically, it’s a healthier version of store bought, microwave popcorn. I always loved store bought microwave popcorn until I read that it was bad for you, and it scared me away. Stove top is always going to be best, but if you only have two minutes, this easy microwave brown bag popcorn is great!
I always like to put about 1-2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil on my popcorn, parmesan cheese, and chili powder…however, you can top it however you want. I even like it straight out of the microwave. I think it tastes far better than the store bought kind, it’s a low calorie snack (as long as you aren’t slathering it in butter!)
Be sure to go check out these other great sites for some healthy recipes today!
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown Paper bag
- Place kernels, oil, and salt into brown paper bag.
- Fold the bag down three times. Secure with staple if you want.
- Gently shake the bag so kernels get coated.
- Microwave for 2 to 2 and a half minutes (start with two and if it's still popping a lot, add a little more time.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 248 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 2326mg Carbohydrates: 2g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com