These easy chocolate chip zucchini cookies are a great way to use up extra zucchini, and they are absolutely delicious!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut oil solid form
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flours, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut in the coconut oil and add the applesauce. Mix
- Add in zucchini and quick oats and mix until everything is well-combined and not crumbly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put spoonfuls of cookie dough on a prepared cookie sheet or silpat. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer to cooling rack.
While I admit that I love the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg during all times of the year, it’s just somehow better during the fall when the leaves are starting to fall and the air starts to cool down. Most of the time you’ll start seeing a lot of pumpkin and apple recipes associated with these flavors, today I’m sharing a delicious chocolate chip zucchini cookies recipe that has all those fun fall flavors, with the added twist of zucchini.
Our garden produced a lot of zucchini this year, so, needless to say, we had fun coming up with ways to use it. Since gardening seasoning is coming to an end, I’d imagine that if you were growing zucchinis, you might be harvesting a bunch now as well. This recipe is delicious to use them in! Even if you aren’t growing zucchinis, these cookies are really yummy for anyone to make!
They are also egg-free, which means you can taste the batter all you want. I know, such an important thing. This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found over at Chef-in-Training, though I omitted the frosting, made a few ingredient substitutes to make it a little more healthy. If you don’t have coconut oil, feel free to use butter instead!
I should also note that until you add in the zucchini, the dough will seem really crumbly. Don’t let that freak you out – I promise, it all comes together into a nice, firm dough. Zucchini has a surprising amount of moisture in it!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com