Do you have staples for parties? You know, that one recipe that you feel a get together would be incomplete without? That’s how I feel about these bacon wrapped little smokies.
They are so easy, but are always a huge hit and gone in a flash. I think my family has them on every Christmas and New Years, as well as other times scattered throughout the year. I often will bring these to church potlucks, and I always walk away with people asking for the recipe. I’m always a little embarrassed to admit how easy they are!
This recipe has rather rough amounts — it really depends on the size of your crock pot. However, if you have a standard sized slow cooker, think I would definitely say follow the amounts listed in the recipe. Otherwise, just adjust as needed (you’ll need more for a larger crock pot, and less for a smaller one.) Good luck! This is definitely a winning recipe you’ll want to keep in your collection for years to come.
- One package bacon
- 1 1/2 packages of 14 ounce little smokie (Hillshire Farms is my favorite)
- about two cups brown sugar
- Put a thin layer of brown sugar on the bottom of a crock pot.
- Take one-third of a strip of bacon and wrap it around one little smoky. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cover the brown sugar with a single layer of smokies.
- Put another layer of brown sugar, then another layer of smokies. Repeat until you reach the top of the crock pot.
- Cook on high for two hours. If bacon is is cooked after two hours, turn to low for one more hour. If not, keep on high.
- Once done, keep on warm or serve.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).