Three ingredient bacon wrapped little smokies that can be made in the crock pot for a delicious party appetizer!Do you have staples for parties? You know, that one recipe that you feel a get together would be incomplete without? That’s how I feel about these bacon wrapped little smokies. They are so easy, but are always a huge hit and gone in a flash. I think my family has them on every Christmas and New Years, as well as other times scattered throughout the year. I often will bring these to church potlucks, and I always walk away with people asking for the recipe. I’m always a little embarrassed to admit how easy they are! This recipe has rather rough amounts — it really depends on the size of your crock pot. However, if you have a standard sized slow cooker, think I would definitely say follow the amounts listed in the recipe. Otherwise, just adjust as needed (you’ll need more for a larger crock pot, and less for a smaller one.) Good luck! This is definitely a winning recipe you’ll want to keep in your collection for years to come.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies #AppetizerWeek #Analon
- One package bacon
- 1 1/2 packages of 14 ounce little smokie, Hillshire Farms is my favorite
- about two cups brown sugar
- Put a thin layer of brown sugar on the bottom of a crock pot.
- Take one-third of a strip of bacon and wrap it around one little smoky. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cover the brown sugar with a single layer of smokies.
- Put another layer of brown sugar, then another layer of smokies. Repeat until you reach the top of the crock pot.
- Cook on high for two hours. If bacon is is cooked after two hours, turn to low for one more hour. If not, keep on high.
- Once done, keep on warm or serve.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Made these for a work party today…SCORE!!!
Woo hoo! I’m glad you tried them…I’m sure they didn’t/won’t last long!
Sounds delicious! I love little smokies!
Brenna @ Life After Laundry says
The family would go nuts over these. They love anything bacon.