If you are looking for an inexpensive gift for children in your neighborhood, friend group, or classroom, this play doh kit is super simple to make!
If you’re looking for unique and low-cost gifts for your kids to give to their friends, the Dollar Tree has everything you need. Play-Doh Christmas bags are a simple and fun gift to give. The idea behind the gift is that the Play-Doh can be rolled out and cut into the shape of a tree or star, then decorated over and over. It’s a wonderful gift because it’s low-cost, easy to assemble, and entertaining for days and days.
Kids love this gift bag because it’s exciting and interactive. They get to play with the dough, roll it out and cut it into the shape, and decorate it with the accessories. They won’t know it, but they’re learning the entire time they’re playing. The activity teaches fine motor skills, planning, and increases hand strength.
Parents love this gift because its low-cost, under $3 per gift and takes about five minutes to assemble. You can make them in advance, and store them for whenever you’re ready to give them away.
What’s in the Bag?
Each Play-Doh bag should include a four-ounce container of green or yellow Play Doh, a Christmas cookie cutter in the shape of a tree or star and a small baggie filled with decorations. Look for jingle bells, puffs, balls, and pipe cleaner pieces. You can mix and match what goes in base on what you find at the store, and what you think looks fun.
Putting the gift in a metal tin is both fun and useful. It’s a great place to store the Play-Doh and accessories when they’re not being used. Otherwise, you can use a plain or Christmas-themed bag and tie with a ribbon for a festive finish. I used the tall treat bags that people often use for cookies or popcorn. The shape and size is ideal, and the bags are definitely budget-friendly.
The Dollar Tree has a Christmas Corner, where you can find most of these items. You can find the rest in the craft aisle. In Target or other bigger stores, the Play-Doh is in the toy area, the ornaments are in the Christmas area, and the decor will be found in the craft section.
This Christmas, you can come through in a big way in a short amount of time with this Play-Doh gift!
Here’s a list of the suggested items:
- 4-ounce Play-Doh in green or yellow (Dollar Tree/Amazon)
- Christmas tree or star cookie cutter (Amazon) – Couldn’t find them on the Dollar Tree website, but I have seen them in store.
- Craft jingle bells (Dollar Tree/Amazon)
- Pipe cleaner, cut into pieces (Dollar Tree/Amazon)
- Festive balls, puffs or other items found in the craft aisle (Dollar Tree/Amazon)
- Christmas-colored beads or buttons (Dollar Tree/Amazon)
- Christmas Treat Bags or Christmas Tins
This gift will have everyone feeling jolly because it’s easy, fun, and thoughtful. Merry Christmas!
More Dollar Tree Christmas Ideas:
- 30+ DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Decor, Crafts and More
- DIY Ornament Christmas Tree + More Dollar Tree Christmas Projects
- 30+ Dollar Tree Stocking Stuffers for All Ages (and Pets!)
Leave a Reply