CREATE ROOM FOURTH OF JULY SALE – USE THE CODE CLARKS to SAVE UP TO $900 6/30-7/11
- Up to $900 savings!
- $200 off DreamBox
- $100 off pre-built
- $350 off combined Side-kick options w/DreamBox – $50 off Cubby, $100 off Dream Cart, $100 off both Side Tables, Sew Station $150 off
- $10 off power up, Plastic notions $10, $25 off Wallpaper, white magnetic board $15, planner $25 off.
- FREE Gift ($115 value) for first 145 orders: Tote Lids, Crafter’s Caddy, Cutting Mat AND 1-3 week shipping times!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- Red food coloring
- Sugar Crystals
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, baking soda, and cream of tarter in until combined.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, until all the flour is mixed in well.
- Knead into a ball and refrigerate for about an hour.
- After an hour, divide dough into two equal pieces.
- Add red food coloring to one portion and work it in until all of the dough is pink/red.
- Roll both portions out until rectangles, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add a little bit of water to the top of the white dough and then place the red dough on top. Gently roll the rolling pin on top until they are stuck together.
- Roll the dough up. Wet the outside with a small amount of water. Sprinkle sugar crystals on top.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice pieces of the dough off, about 1/2 inch thick, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. You want to make sure to watch them carefully, because the peppermint chips may start to burn before the cookies would.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.