This post brought to you by Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sloppy joes wasn’t something we had a lot of growing up. Simply put, my mom doesn’t like the taste of them. Because of that, I really haven’t made them much (or, more accurately, ever). Sure, I’ve had them camping, or at youth church activities, but for the most part, they haven’t played a huge part in my culinary adventures.
Because I never make sloppy joes, I never buy the canned sloppy joe mix. I always though, what’s the point? Turns out, there are so many other things you can do with a sloppy joe mix; I mean, check out all these Manwich Recipes. After realizing this, I decided that I wanted to try and make something a little different with some of the Manwich sauces I was sent recently.
We’ve been contemplating going gluten free for a little bit, to see if it resolves some health problems in our family. Although we haven’t totally made that plunge (as evidenced by just about everything I post here in Clarks Condensed!) I have been trying some gluten-free options, like pasta. I picked up some quinoa pasta shells at Sprouts, some fresh vegetables, and some ground turkey, combined it with the Manwich Bold and Manwich Thick & Chunky sauces, and hoped for the best. It actually turned out really yummy, and was more-or-less healthy. Each of Manwich sloppy joe mix offers a full serving of vegetables, and they contain no artificial sweeteners. How great is that?
- 2 Cans Hunts Manwich Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 box Ancient Quinoa Pasta Shells (or any brand of mini pasta shells)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kraft Powdered Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Brown ground turkey. In the same pan, add in the diced vegetables and saute until soft. Combine ground turkey, vegetables, pasta, Italian seasoning and two cans of Manwich sauce in a large bowl.
- Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray, and pour mixture into the dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with tin foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com