I love popcorn, and I’m always trying to come up with new ways to make it. I’ve shared several of my recipes in the past, and today, I have a few more. And for those of you who are still trying to come up with a last minute Christmas gift, I have a very tasty idea for you!
How many of you buy those big tubs of popcorn at the store with multiple flavors? I feel like it isn’t really Christmas without one! So this year, I thought, why not make my own gourmet popcorn to give as gifts…and so begun my day long adventure of making delicious popcorn!
In the end, I made four different kinds. I bought clear, plastic goodie bags at Target, and divided them into those bags. And then, I stuffed them into a stocking I bought at Target for $1. It was quick and cute, and didn’t cost a lot. If you want, you could even buy a bucket like the popcorn buckets at the store, and fill it up with different flavors, or just make these quick and cute popcorn sampler bags. If you have a hard to shop for person on your list, definitely consider doing this!
Now…for the recipes!
The first one I made was a chili cheddar popcorn. I couldn’t get enough of this one!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white cheddar popcorn powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Separate kernels from popcorn, and place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix the cheddar powder, chili powder, and mustard powder with the butter.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the popcorn, shaking the popcorn as you do it so one spot doesn't get overly saturated.
- Let cool about 30 minutes.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 15 oreos
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts (I used green)
- Separate kernels from popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Crush oreos into small pieces. Mix with popcorn
- Melt candy melts according to instructions. When completely melted, pour immediately in the bowl of popcorn and mix until everything is well-combined (easiest to do with rubber spatula.)
And this final recipe is my favorite! I actually shared it a few months ago, so be sure to go to this link for this delicious Cookie Butter and Jelly Popcorn.
What type of gourmet popcorn do you like to make?
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.