I love popcorn, and I’m always trying to come up with new ways to make it. I’ve shared several of my recipes in the past, and today, I have a few more. And for those of you who are still trying to come up with a last minute Christmas gift, I have a very tasty idea for you!
How many of you buy those big tubs of popcorn at the store with multiple flavors? I feel like it isn’t really Christmas without one! So this year, I thought, why not make my own gourmet popcorn to give as gifts…and so begun my day long adventure of making delicious popcorn!
In the end, I made four different kinds. I bought clear, plastic goodie bags at Target, and divided them into those bags. And then, I stuffed them into a stocking I bought at Target for $1. It was quick and cute, and didn’t cost a lot. If you want, you could even buy a bucket like the popcorn buckets at the store, and fill it up with different flavors, or just make these quick and cute popcorn sampler bags. If you have a hard to shop for person on your list, definitely consider doing this!
Now…for the recipes!
The first one I made was a chili cheddar popcorn. I couldn’t get enough of this one!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white cheddar popcorn powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Separate kernels from popcorn, and place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix the cheddar powder, chili powder, and mustard powder with the butter.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the popcorn, shaking the popcorn as you do it so one spot doesn't get overly saturated.
- Let cool about 30 minutes.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 15 oreos
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts (I used green)
- Separate kernels from popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Crush oreos into small pieces. Mix with popcorn
- Melt candy melts according to instructions. When completely melted, pour immediately in the bowl of popcorn and mix until everything is well-combined (easiest to do with rubber spatula.)
What type of gourmet popcorn do you like to make?
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.