The first time I made Forrest dinner at my apartment, I really wanted to impress him.
So, I turned to my favorite recipe that I thought was rather elegant…but that was so easy, there was no way I could mess it up!
Everything went off without a hitch, and I thought everything turned out well. Forrest seemed to enjoy it, so I deemed it a success! I was sure I impressed Forrest, and that he would forever be won over by my culinary talents.
Don’t ask me why, but I didn’t cook anything else for him awhile.
Apparently long enough for him to think that was the only thing I knew how to make.
Fortunately, I think I’ve redeemed myself over time, and he now knows that I do know how to make more than apricot chicken!
But even if this was the only thing I knew how to make, at least it tastes good. Actually, it tastes amazing. And it’s so, so easy. It’s perfect for the beginning cook (but anyone can really enjoy it!)
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut in half, or 4-5 chicken tenderloins
- 1 18 ounce jar Apricot Jelly
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce container of French Dressing
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine jelly, french dressing, and soup mix together.
- Place chicken into a glass baking dish.
- Pour mixture over the chicken
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over rice or pasta.