The first time I made Forrest dinner at my apartment, I really wanted to impress him.
So, I turned to my favorite recipe that I thought was rather elegant…but that was so easy, there was no way I could mess it up!
Everything went off without a hitch, and I thought everything turned out well. Forrest seemed to enjoy it, so I deemed it a success! I was sure I impressed Forrest, and that he would forever be won over by my culinary talents.
Don’t ask me why, but I didn’t cook anything else for him awhile.
Apparently long enough for him to think that was the only thing I knew how to make.
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
Fortunately, I think I’ve redeemed myself over time, and he now knows that I do know how to make more than apricot chicken!
But even if this was the only thing I knew how to make, at least it tastes good. Actually, it tastes amazing. And it’s so, so easy. It’s perfect for the beginning cook (but anyone can really enjoy it!)
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut in half or 4-5 chicken tenderloins
- 1 18 ounce jar Apricot Jelly
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce container of French Dressing
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine jelly, french dressing, and soup mix together.
- Place chicken into a glass baking dish.
- Pour mixture over the chicken
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).