The center of any great BBQ is the classic potato salad – this recipe has all the traditional flavors of a potato salad, with a few fun twists — bacon and parmesan cheese!
Mmm, I love potato salad! I don’t think any BBQ is complete without a delicious, creamy potato salad, and if one isn’t on the menu, I’m always the first to volunteer to make one.
Awhile back, I mentioned that I signed up for Top Chef University. I’m slowly but surely making it through and learning all sorts of awesome new tips and recipes. One of the lessons was about potatoes, and I learned that red potatoes are great for potato salads. Red potatoes happen to my favorite type of potato…so of course, I was on board with that. Right after that lesson, I decided to try the recipe they listed for a classic potato salad, put my own little twist on it.
We didn’t have any dairy free sour cream on hand, so I decided to omit that and upped the mayonnaise. I also added some parmesan cheese, dill, and turkey bacon (though feel free to use regular bacon.) I think those ingredients added some delicious flavor, and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you.
- 5 medium-sized red potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 pieces of cooked and crumbled turkey bacon or regular bacon
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. Place into a bot of boiling water and boil until you can easily put a knife through it (about 20-25 minutes.)
- Drain and set aside potatoes. resistance. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, mustard, and olive oil.
- Stir in celery and onions, and season with salt and pepper and dill.
- Add potatoes and coarsely mash everything together.
- Add bacon and sliced hard boiled eggs right before serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3261 Total Fat: 334g Saturated Fat: 59g Cholesterol: 919mg Sodium: 3824mg Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 6g Protein: 40g
For more fantastic side dishes for Memorial Day, be sure to follow our side dish board on Pinterest!
Soft Butterscotch S’more Cookies by From Gate to Plate
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
Patriotic Quinoa Salad by It’s Yummi
Salmon Burgers by The Haas Machine
Summer Letter Set by Summer Scraps
Creamy Corn Salad by Forty Eighteen
Classic Potato Salad by Clarks Condensed
Mini Cake Mix Sandwich Cookie Bites by Lady Behind The Curtain
Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak by Love in the Kitchen
Sun-dried Tomatoes – How to by Food Lust People Love
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).