I always enjoy going to potluck dinners – there’s always such a large variety of items, and even if someone brought something that’s technically the same dish as someone else…there’s always bound to be something about each dish that is unique. For instance, funeral potatoes (or yummy potatoes as we call them at our house.) During the month of October, we go to a lot of different chili cook-offs where we are supposed to bring at least one dish!
One dish that I always love seeing at a potluck is fluff salad. I’m not really sure it should be called a salad, because, well, there’s very little nutritional content for it, and it’s not something I would really serve as a salad at dinner. However, it’s a delicious dessert salad, and there are so many ways you can make it.
I thought it would be fun to make this fluff salad based off of chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecakes – one of my favorite desserts! Forrest really enjoyed it, as did my parents and Jack. It literally took about five minutes to put together, so it’s a great last-minute dessert – especially for all the upcoming holiday parties!
I was originally just going to use strawberry yogurt, but when I spotted this Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt Whips Strawberry Cheesecake at Walmart, I thought that would be a fun twist. Since the recipe is based off on Strawberry Cheesecake anyways, this gave it an added boost of that flavor.
Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff Salad
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 1 small package cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- 8 small strawberries , diced
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars , chopped
- 2 containers strawberry yogurt (we used Yoplait Greek Yogurt Whips - Strawberry Cheesecake flavor)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until the pudding mix powder is no longer dry and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Refrigerate when not eating.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.