For anyone looking for a lightweight, modern stroller, the Urbini Hummingbird is a great contender. It’s perfect for those living in urban areas, who want a stroller that is high quality, easy to store, and lightweight.
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Urbini. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.”
Before Jack was born, my parents gave us a great stroller/car seat combo. It was very well-made, and served us well for many months. In fact, it’s still in great condition!
However, it is a little bit bulky, and there were times that we needed to take it out of the trunk of our car in order to make room for other large items (such as suit cases.) I always hated having to do this, since we used our stroller so much, especially on vacations! Last Christmas, we just didn’t have room to bring it with us to Colorado, so we left it at home…we figured it would probably be too cold to go walking outside anyways!
Well, this winter was particularly mild, and there were a couple occasions where a stroller would have been nice, but we managed. Until we decided to go to Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo. So, on the way to the zoo, we ended up buying a cheap umbrella stroller. And let me tell you, we didn’t want to use it again after that! It was super hard to put together, the little tray squished Jack’s legs, and the basket underneath was teeny tiny. Plus, it wasn’t the easiest thing in the world to push!
After we got home from Colorado, we decided that we should look into other strollers that were a little smaller than our large stroller, but higher quality than our cheap umbrella stroller…which is why I was thrilled when we were asked to review the Urbini Hummingbird Stroller.
This stroller is extremely lightweight, modern looking, and really easy to store. We don’t even have to put it in our trunk! We love the color we got (green), and I can open and close it with one hand…which is helpful when you are holding a toddler in your other arm.
Overall, we love it and use it all the time. Even Jack loves it, and he previously hated being in his stroller. Now, he begs us to take it out of the car when we go anywhere.
Here’s the pros and cons:
- Simple to put together (less than one minute)
- Fashionable — I love the sunshade especially
- Spacious basket attached — this is a rare find with umbrella strollers
- The flexible bar in the front. Jack climbs in and out of the stroller by himself, underneath the bar, because it’s so flexible. You don’t have to remove it to put your kid in, which is something we had to do with our last umbrella stroller.
- The color
- Easy to maneuver
- Very compact and easy to store
- Simple to open and close (you only need one hand!
- The price — it’s about $100, which is more than we would typically spend on an umbrella stroller (though I imagine this is one we’ll use for many years to come.)
- If you do want to remove the front handle bar for some reason, it’s a little bit tricky to get it undone
- I think this brand must be called Urbini because it’s meant for urban areas! Don’t even think about taking this on any uneven pathways, dirt roads, etc. We went on a slightly uneven pathway by my parent’s house, and we bit a little crack in the path (which our other bigger stroller had no problems with), and the stroller started to flip forward. It was kind of scary!
Be sure to read my review on Walmart.com (under the username kaelba2008.)
The Urbini Hummingbird is available exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com and is available in a couple different colors. Urbini has a couple other great strollers such as their Urbini Touri Travel System’ and Urbini Omni 3-in-1 Travel System. I’m in love with the 3-in-1 and how it can be turned into a cute buggy!
Be sure to follow Urbini on Facebook and Twitter
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.