Hi everyone! I’m very happy to be at guest of Katie’s this morning! As you know, Clarks Condensed brings to the table a different twist on blogging. I love reading her personal experiences as well as tips and recipes. I am even more inspired by the religious twist of everyday life that is added. So, I was over the moon when Katie asked me to be a guest!
Let me introduce myself, I’m Amber or Mama from Mama’s Blissful Bites. I’m a holistic mama which means I try to cover all aspects and look at the whole picture of life and blogging. The main topics I cover are DIY children activities, going Eco-friendly green, DIY homemade remedies and skincare line and of course, my cooking!
Cooking is one of the most beneficial things you can do to help your health. My focus is to stay healthy by eating nurturing clean eating recipes. If you’ve never heard of the term clean eating, it pretty much means whole foods from the source. No processed foods.
Pea, fennel, and mint soup is one of my favorite, favorite soups. I do mean favorite. (Did you get the point?!) The mint leaves are a nice refreshing taste to the delicious and sweet fennel and leave a nice light flavor in your mouth. It’s not a heavy soup so it’s perfect for Spring or Summer.
• Roughly 1-2 olive oil
• 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
• 3 scallions, sliced thin (white and green parts)
• 1 medium fennel bulb sliced thin
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 24 oz frozen peas: thawed
• 4 cups organic vegetable stock
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
• Sea salt and Peppercorns
1. Add olive oil to a deep nonstick pan (or large sauce pan) over medium heat. When oil is warm, take a paper towel and rub out the excess oil.
2. Add shallots, scallions, fennel and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat until tender
3. Add peas to the pot. Cook for a few minutes, turning the mixture over a few times.
4. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add mint
6. Use a food processor or an immersion blender. (I love the immersion blender!)
7. Serve in soup bowls and enjoy!
It’s easy to make, healthy and delicious! You can’t go wrong with this satisfying soup!
Thank you Katie for having me over today! Wishing you all a fabulous day.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com