A delicious copy cat version of Papa Murphy’s Garlic chicken pizza, as well as a lactose-intolerance friendly ranch dressing recipe.
On our first Valentine’s Day, Forrest made me pizza. Well, pizzas to be exact. I think he must have whipped up five pizzas that night — but that was okay, because at least there was a variety! Homemade pizza was something that he always enjoyed making with his family growing up, so I thought it was very sweet that he wanted to share that tradition with me.
Since then, we’ve made many homemade pizzas in our home. Pizzas are so easy to customize and make new flavors with — the possibilities are endless. One of my favorite pizzas is the Garlic Chicken pizza from Papa Murphys.
Papa Murphy’s garlic white sauce is basically ranch dressing and garlic, so I decided to make a dairy free ranch dressing (though this can easily be made with dairy). I found quite a few different recipes for this around the Web, but most of them required coconut milk. I had made another ranch-like dressing using that before, and while it was good, you could definitely tell it was coconut milk. However, I discovered Lifeway Kefir recently, and I thought it would be perfect for the ranch dressing for this pizza.
Even more importantly, it was completely spot on for the pizza. I mean, I really feel like if I had a real Papa Murphy’s pizza, and this one, I wouldn’t know which one was the real deal. IT was that close. I was originally going to say you could just use any ranch dressing and add garlic to it, but I actually strongly encourage you to try this homemade ranch dressing made with the Lifeway Kefir — I can’t guarantee the results of just any ranch dressing, now!
So, first, I’ll show you how to make the dressing, and then the pizza. You only need a few ingredients and a mason jar. From everything I’ve read about homemade ranch dressing, shaking it in a jar is better than whisking it.
I use dairy free sour cream from Tofutti, as well as olive oil based mayonnaise.
Plus some dill, garlic, and a dash of vinegar.
Want more restaurant copycat restaurants?
Signup below for first access to all our BEST recipes!
Copy Cat Papa Murphy’s Garlic Chicken Pizza & Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup plain Lifeway Kefir or milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream dairy free, if going for lactose friendly version
- 2 tablespoon Mayo
- 2 teaspoon dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- Splash of white distilled vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoon corn starch or tapioca flour
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar.
- Secure lid.
- Shake for a few minutes.
- Keep refrigerated.
We were going to have it for Sunday dinner, so I made it a few hours ahead of time, re-wrapped it in plastic, and put it in the refrigerator until we were ready to throw it in the oven. My soon-to-be brother-in-law said that it was literally the perfect slice of pizza. Talk about a great compliment!
The ranch dressing was perfect. The pizza was perfect. It was overall a great pizza night at the Clark house (especially because I ate a creamy pizza and didn’t get sick. Lifeway Kefir is definitely our go to choice for lactose substitutes!)
Papa Murphy's Garlic Chicken Pizza Copy Cat
- 1 pizza crust
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing + 3/4 tablespoon minced garlic
- Precooked grilled chicken strips
- Chopped roma tomatoes about 5
- Handful of chopped green onions
- 3-4 slices of precooked bacon don't heat beforehand
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Spread sauce on pizza crust.
- Layer chicken, then bacon, then tomato, then green onion, and then a mixture of the cheeses on top.
- Bake according to your pizza crusts baking instructions (ours was 425 for about 15 minutes.)
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com