This fantastic and easy spicy fry sauce recipe has been brought to you by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeGrub #CollectiveBias
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 package spicy ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine ketchup and mayonnaise in a small bowl until combined and smooth.
- Mix in ranch dressing mix and hot sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
While I was growing up, my mom would often make fry sauce whenever we would have french fries with our dinner. I thought this was something that everyone ate, but as I got older, I realized this was not so. Yes, most of our friends who had Utah or LDS roots made fry sauce, but no one else seemed to.
Then I moved to Utah when I was 18 to attend Brigham Young University. My suspicions were confirmed that fry sauce must have originated in Utah, because everyone restaurant or fast food place we went to had fry sauce as an option. This never happened in any other state I’d been in. Since I loved fry sauce, I was happy to among people who shared that love.
I’m a big fan of dips in general. I always have to have some kind of ketchup, BBQ sauce (like my sweet and spicy BBQ sauce recipe) for any type of french fry, chicken, pork chop, etc. that I eat. Jack seems to be the same way. So, I thought it would be fun to make up my own version of fry sauce – and boy, is it good!
The first time I made this was back in October when Forrest’s sister and our brother-in-law (and his brother) came over to watch LDS General Conference. I served it with Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries, and I wish I had bought two bags, because they disappeared fast.
I made it again recently, and it definitely lived up to my memory of it. This time we made some more Alexia sweet potato fries, as well as some yummy onion rings from Alexia. The spicy fry sauce definitely can be used for more than just fries!
I’m not a big football fan, but I always enjoy going to football parties this time of year…mainly for the food. This is definitely a great recipe that everyone can enjoy, whether it be during game time, or any other time of year.
Find more great ideas for game day food over on Alexia’s Pinterest page, and pick up a variety of yummy snacks from Alexia at Walmart!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com