I’m sure you’ve all heard of Jambalaya, right?
It’s pretty delicious. But have you heard of Pastalaya?
I didn’t even realize it was a thing until we went to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s wedding reception in Baton Rouge, Louisiana back in 2014.
But I’m so glad I know what it is, because it’s so good. I like it more than Jambalaya!
It’s pasta with a few different veggies, sausage, chicken, and sometimes shrimp.
Forrest and I have been wanting to make it for awhile now, but it’s one of those things that just always got pushed the to the side.
Until a few weeks ago! I saw some Hillshire Farm sausages at the store, and it reminded me of Pastalaya. I decided to pick up a package of the Hillshire Smoked Sausage. I was all set to take out some chicken to defrost at home, when I noticed they had chicken sausage! Forrest and I thought it would be fun to use this instead of traditional chicken breast. Our Kroger Store (King Soopers) was having a great sale – two Hillshire Farm sausages for $5 (this deal is one until the 19th of April while supplies last!), so that made this meal even more affordable. We always love cooking with sausage, so I couldn’t wait to get home to get cooking!
We made this for my parents, and we all loved it (well, except Jack. He said he liked the pasta only. Ha!) It’s a very easy, one pot meal that is packed with TONS of flavor.
I can’t wait to make it again. Seriously soooo good!
One Pot Cajun Pastalaya Recipe
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 package Hillshire Garlic Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 1 package Hillshire Smoked Sausage , sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (we like Tony Chachere's blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- One can rotel
- 1 box fettuccine
- One bunch of chopped green onions
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add both sausages, red pepper, and onion to the pot. Cook until everything until the sausage starts to brown and the vegetables soften.
- Add chicken broth, water, creole seasoning, paprika, garlic, and rotel. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Add fettuccine and cover until pasta is cooked through.
- Top with chopped green onions.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com