For most of you, this recipe may sound a little out there.
But I promise you – lactating mother or not…these are delicious and healthy. Jack kept begging me for more. I enjoyed these more than cookies…and if you know me, I love cookies.
These protein power balls were inspired by a bag of Mommy Moosli that I was sent a few weeks ago. I had heard about this product in some breastfeeding support groups I’m in, and I knew I had to try it. I was so thrilled when they said they’d send me a package to try out.
I had it for breakfast several days, and let me tell you – of all the things I’ve done to increase milk supply, this is honestly one of the things that has worked the best. If you want to increase your milk supply, give it a shot. I tried out the cranberry and orange flavor, which is delicious.
When I saw I only had a little bit left, I thought it would be fun to try something new. I had seen protein power balls before, so I figured – why not make them with some of my Mommy Moosli?! They were pretty much hte easiest little treats to throw together, and they turned out SO yummy. I highly recommend using the Mommy Moosli, but if you can’t find it, you can substitute with oats or another Museli cereal.
The ingredients are quite simple. I usually get chia seed and ground flaxseed at Sprouts, but you can also buy them on Amazon. Mommy Moosli is available on Amazon (though currently just the dark chocolate and orange is available), through their website, and in different retailers.
I was not paid for this post – just sent a sample of the product. I loved it so much though, so I had to share!
Lactation Power Balls
- 1 cup Mommy Moosli any flavor or 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on a non-stick surface (such as a silicone baking sheet).
- Refrigerate until firm. Place in air-tight container. Best when kept in the refrigerator.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com