These easy Mexican refried bean recipes are to die for! You’ll never want to use the kind from the can again. These are just like the kind of refried beans they serve at authentic Mexican restaurants.
Refried beans from a can? I can do without. They are usually too thick and chunky for me, and the flavor is just not that great. However, refried beans that they serve with most meals at Mexican restaurants? Oh man, I could just eat those with rice and chips when we go out. I don’t know why – I just love them!
The other day, a family from church invited us over to eat. Since they were planning to have a main dish that was Mexican, I thought it would be fun to make a yummy bean dip. I was feeling lazy, and I was just going to use a can of refried beans and hopefully make them taste a little bit better with the addition of different ingredients…and I realized we didn’t have any! However, we have tons and tons of cans of beans. While I’d never made homemade refried beans, I figured it couldn’t be that difficult.
It ended up being SO easy, and I had a hard time saving enough aside for the bean dip (which was equally delicious, and I will share in a few weeks.) The flavor was amazing and so was the consistency. I want to go make up another batch right now (you know, if I wasn’t writing this in a car driving back from Idaho.)
Once you make these beans, you’ll never want to buy another can of refried beans again. They are super easy to make, and you can easily adjust the flavor and spiciness.
Gingerbread Magic Bars
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground ginger snap cookies Anne's Ginger cookies are awesome
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag gingerbread M&Ms or plain, if you can't find this brand
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup coconut spray
- Pompeian Grapeseed Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x11 pan lightly with cooking spray. Combine the ground ginger cookies with butter and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of the cookie layer, then layer M&Ms, then pecans, and finally coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let harden for a few hours before cutting; place in the refrigerator to speed up the hardening process.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com