- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Goya adobo seasoning, or something similar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Drain excess liquid from the cans of beans.
- Place onions and garlic in a saute pan and cook in a small amount of cooking oil until soft.
- Add beans, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and oregano, and mix with the onion and garlic. Cook until beans are heated through (about five minutes.)
- Put bean mixture into a large bowl and mash until they resembled refried beans.
- Mix in lime juice.