I recently joined a Book Club with some friends in my neighborhood.
I love to read and I love talking to others about the books we’ve read- but I also love the designated “me” time it allows me every month. We get together to chat and of course- eat good food!
- This post was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Everyone brings a treat to share and we enjoy some yummy food as we discuss the book and enjoy each others company.
Most ladies bring cookies or candy or chocolate so I like to bring something a bit more savory and filling. Book Club is my time to try out new recipes and perfect old ones.
One of my all-time favorite side dishes to make is Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I could probably eat the entire batch in one sitting- yes, it’s that good!
I love making it for our Taco Tuesday night as a side dish or when we go to a potluck dinner. I typically have all the ingredients on hand which makes it a quick and easy dish to throw together.
I recently made it for Book Club and everyone was asking for the recipe! That is a sure sign to me that it was a hit.
While you can leave a few things out- or throw in a few extra items- be sure you don’t forget the most important part of the dish- the beans!
I stick with S&W Beans varieties which have held the highest standards in the industry for over 120 years. No matter what I’m making, if it calls for beans I use the S&W brand because I love how convenient and versatile they are.
Nobody does beans better and choosy cooks ( like myself) know it! I love that they have so many varieties outside of the classic beans like their organic and 50% less sodium options.
There are so many options and different kinds and I agree that if it “looks good- it tastes good!” which is no exception with the S&W Black Beans I use for this dish.
And right now through April, S&W Beans is offering $1 of 2 cans of S&W Beans! And you can print your own coupon from the S&W Beans website.
What I love about this recipe is that is so fast and easy to make.
While it tastes a little better if it has time to chill- you can throw it together and serve right away, too.
I may or may not be guilty of eating this right out of the bowl as main dish- it’s so hard to stop eating because the flavors go so well together.
I’d love to hear what some of your favorite go-to recipes are when you are sharing with friends!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 can S&W Black Beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 2 cup salsa
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder or minced garlic
- 3-4 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 diced avocado
- 2 TBS. chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Rinse and drain beans and corn and put in a medium sized bowl or dish
- Add salsa and garlic and stir together
- Gently stir in diced tomatoes
- Add lime juice
- Right before serving add the chopped cilantro and avocado and mix together
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com