I’ve said this before, but I really am not a huge fan of chicken noodle soup. I don’t love all the broth, and most of the time, the chicken is all stringy…and I just don’t like it! I love using the grilled chicken strips from Costco. But I can’t get enough of this soup, and even on my sickest days, it makes me feel 10x better. It’s just so warm, and full of flavor. I also like rotini as opposed to egg noodles — I don’t why, but it really makes a huge difference!
I’m also a huge fan of mushrooms — if I see something on the menu at a restaurant that has mushrooms, I’m always so tempted to get it. Forrest is the same way. I’ve never had a chicken noodle soup with mushrooms besides this one!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups grilled chicken strips, or rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Rotini noodles
- Combine 8 cups chicken broth with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, and then bring the temperature down to medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions, carrots, mushrooms and seasonings to the pot. Let simmer 20-30 minutes.
- After the soup has simmered, bring to a boil. Put uncooked rotini into the pot and let cook until noodles are done, about 8 minutes.