A fresh and easy BBQ chicken wrap filled with chicken, tortilla strips, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and a combination of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing. This can be made super quick, and it’s the perfect lunch-time meal!
Chicken Soup for the Soul and Zaycon Foods provided me with complimentary products. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Easy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 1 large tortilla wrap we enjoy spinach or red basil
- 4-5 strips of chicken marinated and cooked in BBQ Sauce
- Lettuce of choice - small handful
- Tortilla strips
- 1-2 tablespoons black beans
- 1/8 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup diced cucumber
- A little bit of shredded cheese I usually use monterrey jack or mozzarella
- BBQ Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Prepare the chicken strips in BBQ sauce. If they aren't precooked chicken, cook on the stove in BBQ sauce until done.
- Lay out wrap.
- Layer in this order - lettuce, chicken, tortilla strips, black beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Fold in two of the sides.
- Starting with one of the sides that wasn't folded in, start rolling the wrap.
- Cut in half.
It was almost seven years ago that my parents and little brother dropped me off at BYU. Crazy how fast time flies! When we first arrived at BYU campus, we went to the Cougar Eat for lunch. My older brother, Daniel, who was also a student at BYU at the time, suggested we try L&T Salads and Wraps, particularly the BBQ chicken wrap.
Such a good suggestion. I remember eating it and thinking it was quite possibly one of the best things I’d ever eaten. Granted, I may have just been really hungry and high on the excitement of starting college…but it was delicious.
Over the next five years that I spent at BYU, I had that same wrap many times. I tried other things at that little restaurant, but I always came back to the BBQ chicken wrap. Nothing quite compared to it, and I loved getting it. The line was always long, but it was always worth the wait.
Well, L&T Wraps does not exist in Colorado. In fact, I don’t think it exists outside of the Cougar Eat. However, I still think about that wrap and how much I loved it! So, I decided it was about time that I replicated it at home. My little brother asked one of his friends at BYU to go order one and let me know exactly how they made it, so I could make it at home. I know, I’m a little weird. But I wanted it to be just perfect.
It’s really simple – just some romaine, BBQ chicken, tortilla strips, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cheese, topped with more BBQ sauce and ranch. It’s all wrapped in one of their signature wrap tortillas (I usually got the spinach or the basil tomato), cut in half, and served with a yummy roll. Most definitely one of my favorite lunches to get.
Instead of using store bought chicken strips, I just took out one of our Zaycon Chicken Breasts. Forrest cut it up into smaller strips, marinated it in this buffalo BBQ sauce from Chicken Soup for the Soul, and then cooked it in a skillet. So fast and so delicious. This BBQ sauce was slightly spicy, but in the wrap, it tasted just right when combined with all the other ingredients.
I just layered all the ingredients together, tossed them a little bit, and then wrapped it up. Here’s a fun little GIF of the process!
Oh, and a special thanks for my sous chefs.
As I mentioned earlier in the post, I used Zaycon Fresh chicken. I actually wrote a post earlier this week about their amazing sale on all-natural chicken (1.69 a pound!), and I’m even more excited to tell you about their new relationship with Chicken Soup for the Soul. I grew up reading Chicken Soup for the Soul books, and I love that they offer food products now – especially because they taste great – and they can be purchased on the Zaycon Fresh website. I love even more than Zaycon and Chicken Soup for the Soul are working together, because I love products from both of the companies!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com