As promised on Sunday when I shared my easy, crock pot Tikka Masala recipe, today I will be sharing a fun way to eat it.
First off, one of my favorite things to get from Indian restaurants is naan. It’s this simple, yet amazing, flat bread that is a staple in the Indian culture. I’ve made it myself a time or two, and of course, always order it when we go out to eat. But when I discovered Stonefire sold premade Naan, I was SO excited. Ever since that discovery, you better believe we buy it on a regular basis.
The other day, I thought it would be fun to fry up the naan, and using my Tikka Masala chicken, make Naan Nachos (obviously, shortened to Naan-chos.) It seemed like a simple enough dish, that would yield tasty results.
And I was right! The “hardest” part was cutting up the naan into nacho-like pieces and frying them, but that was more tedious than anything. They turned out to be super yummy — my mom even liked them, and she does not like when I usually bring home some of this naan.
The toppings were simple — basmati rice and peas — two typical Indian foods, the Tikka Masala chicken, and some Mexican Creama (though you could use Greek Yogurt, sour cream, etc.) It was really tasty, a different twist on traditional nachos, and super easy to make! Definitely not your typical Indian food, but it combines all the essentials of a good Indian dish into something kind of new!
- Package of Stonefire Naan (or homemade naan)
- Tikka Masala
- Basmati Rice
- Creama, Sour Cream, or Greek Yogurt
- Make Tikka Masala in crock pot, using this recipe (or your favorite):
- About 20 minutes before the Tikka Masala is done, cut naan into chip-like pieces and lay out on a pan. Fry each piece for about 5-7 seconds, or until it starts to brown. Drain excess grease from Naan pieces, lay out on the pan again, and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Cook Basmati Rice and peas.
- Assemble naan-chos as desired -- example: Naan chips, rice, Tikka Masala, Peas, Creama.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- One Pot Pizza Pasta Casserole - January 23, 2015
- Photography for Beginners: Photography Equipment Recommendations - January 22, 2015
- 20+ Creative Ways to Say Thank You - January 20, 2015