Strawberry Shortcake Bread Pudding
- 5-6 mini croissants, day old (or other day old bread)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, or 1 2/3 cups of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 large strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, or Earth Balance Buttery Spread, for dairy free
- 1 recipe of strawberry whipped cream, see recipe below this one
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x8 cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Tear croissants into smaller pieces and put the torn bread on the bottom of the glass dish.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat for about a minute with a whisk.
- Heat butter and coconut milk (or heavy cream) over medium-high heat until it reaches a light boil
- Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, vanilla, and strawberry, whisking the entire time (to prevent eggs from scrambling.)
- Bring back to a boil, and whisk for about 3-4 minutes.
- Immediately pour mixture evenly over the torn bread. Toss bread if needed to make even.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool about 20 minutes.
- Spread strawberry whipped cream on top.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Leave a Reply