There are a lot of copycat, Chick-fil-A recipes out there, but there’s none as good as this copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwich. You may not go to Chick-fil-A again after tasting this sandwich!
Chick-fil-a is definitely my favorite fast food restaurant out there. For one, it feels like it’s healthier than other places. When I was in second grade, I remember writing down that I wanted to work at Chick-fil-a when I grew up. I’m sure that was mainly because my oldest sister worked there, and it just seemed so cool. Although I out grew the desire to work there, I still love their food.
Does Chick-fil-A Soak Their Chicken in Pickle Juice?
Want more restaurant copycat restaurants?
Signup below for first access to all our BEST recipes!
How Does Chick-Fil-A Cook Their Chicken?
- ½ cup pickle juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Peanut oil
- 8 pickle slices
- 4 buns
- 3 Tbsp. Softened butter
- Put thawed chicken breasts and all the marinade ingredients in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and shake. Place in fridge for at least thirty minutes to let chicken soak up the marinade.
- After marinating chicken, take out of fridge and cut each chicken breast in half so you have four thin slices. Wrap in plastic wrap and pound until it is about ¼-inch thick.
- Put enough peanut oil into a deep frying pan to cover chicken (about 1-inch) and start to heat. In a bowl, whisk milk, water, and egg. In another dish, combine the flour, powdered sugar, dry milk, baking soda, ground mustard, pepper, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip chicken into milk mixture and cover. Immediately place into the next dish and coat completely. Shake off excess, and place in oil. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Fry in peanut oil until chicken is cooked and the coating turns a nice, golden color, about four minutes on each side.
- Heat a smaller frying pan. Butter each side of the bun, and place on the pan for a very short time. Place chicken on buns, and top with two pickles.
Inspired by http://www.fromaway.com/cooking/chick-fil-a-copycat-chicken-sandwiches
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).