There are a lot of copycat, Chick-fil-A recipes out there, but there’s none as good as this copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwich. You may not go to Chick-fil-A again after tasting this sandwich!
Chick-fil-a is definitely my favorite fast food restaurant out there. For one, it feels like it’s healthier than other places. When I was in second grade, I remember writing down that I wanted to work at Chick-fil-a when I grew up. I’m sure that was mainly because my oldest sister worked there, and it just seemed so cool. Although I out grew the desire to work there, I still love their food.
Does Chick-fil-A Soak Their Chicken in Pickle Juice?
Want more restaurant copycat restaurants?
Signup below for first access to all our BEST recipes!
How Does Chick-Fil-A Cook Their Chicken?
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- For marinade
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- For Sandwiches
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Peanut oil
- 8 pickle slices
- 4 buns
- 3 Tbsp. Softened butter
- Put thawed chicken breasts and all the marinade ingredients in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and shake. Place in fridge for at least thirty minutes to let chicken soak up the marinade.
- After marinating chicken, take out of fridge and cut each chicken breast in half so you have four thin slices. Wrap in plastic wrap and pound until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Put enough peanut oil into a deep frying pan to cover chicken (about 1-inch) and start to heat. In a bowl, whisk milk, water, and egg. In another dish, combine the flour, powdered sugar, dry milk, baking soda, ground mustard, pepper, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip chicken into milk mixture and cover. Immediately place into the next dish and coat completely. Shake off excess, and place in oil. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Fry in peanut oil until chicken is cooked and the coating turns a nice, golden color, about four minutes on each side.
- Heat a smaller frying pan. Butter each side of the bun, and place on the pan for a very short time. Place chicken on buns, and top with two pickles.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com