One of my favorite things in the world is a baby’s laugh – especially when it’s my baby.
I love when they start doing this deep belly laugh, where it seems like they were just told the most hilarious thing ever. And really, in their little minds, they probably were.
I think the world would be a lot better off if we all just laughed as freely as little babies do. I know that when someone else is laughing, it’s hard for it not to be contagious. A room full of laughter sure is a happy one!
I’m not the most extroverted person around – parties can be a bit hit or miss. Sometimes I enjoy going and interacting with other people, but other times I just want to go home and go to bed! But no matter what mood I’m in, I always love making sure I bring a delicious appetizer to share. Even if i’m totally awkward, at least I know my food is good.
When I’m feeling awkward at a party, I tend to laugh a lot more than I would normally – it’s interesting! I recently took the SunChips® Laughalizer quiz from SunChips, and it revealed that I have an empathetic laugh. I think that describes me pretty well!
The Laughalizer is a unique technology that analyzes your laugh to tell you a little more about yourself. I thought it was pretty cool. SunChips® is all about encouraging people to laugh and have a little more joy in their lives, so along with creating the Laughalizer, they have teamed up with Step Up to encourage women and children everywhere to share their unique voices and laughter with others. When you take the Laughalizer quiz and share your laugh-print, SunChips will donate $1 (up to $100,000 total) to Step Up. Pretty cool! (Learn more here).
I want to encourage my children to always harness the power of their laughter and joy in all that they do. I think if they can embrace their unique voices in a world that sometimes seeks to silence them, they will be happy and successful.
So, back to appetizers at parties! Seven layer dip is a pretty classic appetizer. It’s usually at every party we go to!
It’s popular for good reason – it has lots of yummy flavor, and it’s easy to eat!
However, sometimes it’s nice to have a warm dip, so I thought I would mix it up a little bit and create a hot seven layer dip. It has a lot of the same flavors as a cold seven layer dip (except for olives. Because I don’t like olives.) But it’s just cooked in the oven to perfection!
Most seven layer dips don’t have ground beef in it, but I thought it would be fun to add it to this one. We also used SunChips® wholegrain snacks instead of traditional tortilla chips. SunChips® have always been one of my all-time favorite kinds of chips, and it went perfectly with this dip – we all really like the French Onion flavor especially.
We actually served this as a main dish the other night, but it would be totally awesome as an appetizer as well! This is a great party food, and it’s great for dipping chips in while you laugh the night away!
Hot Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can refried beans we used black refried beans
- 1/2 pound cooked ground beef - seasoned with taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 avocado
- 1/2-3/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2-1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
- 1 stalk green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the avocado and combine with the Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream.
- In 9x13 glass dish, spread the refried beans evenly across the bottom.
- Then put a layer of ground beef, then the avocado mixture, pico de gallo, green onions, and top with the cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Frito-Lay. The opinions and text are all mine.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com