Freezer Breakfast Burritos are perfect for busy mornings when you just don’t have time for breakfast! In this post, we share tips and tricks for making breakfast burritos – including different fillings!
How to Freeze Breakfast Burritos
While I was pregnant, and shortly after Jack was born, Forrest worked an early morning custodial job. To say it was miserable on many levels is probably the understatement of the year.
How to Make Frozen Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
The sky is the limit when it comes to making frozen breakfast burritos – you can do so many different types of fillings.
I always recommend having scrambled eggs, some kind of other protein, and some kind of vegetable. Here are some different variations on what you can use:
- Hash browns (square or shredded)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sausage (pork or turkey)
- Bacon (pork or turkey)
- Black Beans
- Shredded cheese
You will need to use flour tortillas for these – you can use white flour tortillas, if you want them to be healthier, you can opt for multigrain or whole wheat. Make sure you get the burrito sized tortillas – if you are making them for smaller children, you can either cut them in half and freeze them that way, or you can get soft taco sized tortillas.
In addition to the ingredients, you will need:
Breakfast Burrito Assembly
You can read more details in the recipe at this end of post about how to cook all the ingredients, but here is a basic overview of assembly.
You want to make sure you let the filling cool completely to room temperature before you start assembling the breakfast burritos. This will prevent them from getting soggy.
Breakfast Burrito Recipes
Freezer Ready Breakfast Burritos
- makes about 24 burritos
- 24 medium flour tortillas
- 1 pound maple sausage
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag Alexia Oven Reds
- 1 12 ounce container of salsa any variety
- 8 eggs
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Celestial Seasonings Spicy Southwest to taste
- Cook potatoes according to instructions on bag. In the mean time, brown the sausage in a large pan. Add black beans, salsa, and eggs, and cook until eggs are no longer runny. Once potatoes are done, put into pan and mash into mixture. Add seasonings to taste.
- Place two to three spoonfuls into center of each tortilla. Make tortilla into burrito and place on cookie sheet. It's fine to stack them. Put in freezer for two hours in order to flash freeze them.
- After two hours, wrap burritos in plastic wrap, and place in gallon sized ziploc bags. To cook, put in microwave for two to three minutes, or in oven at 350 for 15.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com