Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
This copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is even better than the original. They are super easy to throw together and taste totally delicious. Perfect for people who are trying to avoid fast food but still get a craving for a Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell!
I really like Mexican Pizzas from Taco Bell…and I know, they aren’t that good for me. Feel free to skip the lecture on how terrible fast food is, and how their meat isn’t even probably meat. I’ve heard it all! I still like them.
However, because I know that eating fast food isn’t really good for you, I decided to make my own version of the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at home. We’ve tried it a few different times, and I think we finally have all the components down. The last time we made it, it tasted even better than the one at Taco Bell. It was so good!
We basically used all the Taco Bell products that you can buy at the store or on Amazon:
Here are homemade versions of all of these as well:
- Taco Bell seasoning recipe
- Taco Bell hot sauce recipe
- Taco Bell Bean Burritos shares a copycat of the beans as well.
We used ground turkey instead of ground beef but feel free to use whatever you want! I think the true secret to these is getting the tortilla fried right. You want it to be very, very crisp — almost on the verge of being burnt. I’m not very good at doing this, but Forrest did a great job, and I think it made a big difference from it just being slightly fried.
So if you want a slightly better for you version of the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, definitely try this out. And when I say slightly healthier, I mean, at least you know what you’re putting into it. But really, if you use ground turkey and don’t go too heavy on the cheese, the unhealthiest part is the fried tortillas…but if you use olive oil, and then make sure to soak out the excess grease, that probably isn’t even the worst thing in the world!
Want more restaurant copycat restaurants?
Signup below for first access to all our BEST recipes!
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- Cooking Oil
- 3/4 ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 package of Taco Bell Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Taco Bell Beans
- 1/2 bottle or so of Taco Bell Hot Sauce
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup taco cheese
- Place cooking oil in a skillet and heat.
- Fry tortillas until they are very crisp (to the point where they are just about to be burnt...but don't actually burn), then drain excess grease. Set aside.
- Cook ground turkey or ground beef and add taco seasoning, and 3 tablespoons of Taco Bell hot sauce. Break meat up into tiny pieces.
- Put a layer of beans on to one tortilla, then a layer of ground beef.
- Place another tortilla on top of the ground beef/beans.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of hot sauce on the tortilla, then cheese to cover the top, and then tomatoes and green onions on top of that.
- Place pizzas on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. If cheese isn't melted at that point, put under broil for 1-2 minutes.
Originally published on June 3rd, 2014. Revised May 18th, 2017.
For more great copycat recipes, follow this board on Pinterest!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com