Is someone you love turning eight and getting baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Giving a gift to a new member of the Church is one way to show them you love them and are proud of them. But it can be hard to know what to give them. Keep reading for THE BEST LDS Baptism Gift Ideas!
Turning eight is a special time for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When a child turns eight they can be baptized as an official member of the Church. This is a huge milestone that many children look forward to. Giving a gift to a child getting baptized is a fun way to show them you are proud of them for making this decision!
Planning a baptism? You might enjoy this article – 8 Awesome Baptism Ideas For Latter-Day Saints + Free Printables
Where to look for Latter-day Saint Baptism Gifts
Luckily, almost anything you could ever hope to find can be found on the internet! Amazon and Etsy are always great places to look for meaningful gifts.
Stores like Deseret Book and Seagull Book also sell just about everything online that they do in their store. If you aren’t close to one of these Church-owned stores you can find something from their website. They also offer coupons regularly so if you plan ahead you may be able to get something at a discounted price.
Homemade gifts are such a great way to show someone you love them! It doesn’t take much to show someone you care and are proud of them. Any thoughtful gift will surely go a long way. Think of your talents and how you can use them!
Here are a few homemade gift ideas that any child would love:
- Flowers in a pretty arrangement
- Flower Crown for them to wear on their special day
- Homemade candies or a sweet treat
- A fleece tied blanket or a quilt (this is a great gift especially for grandma’s or parents to make!)
- A watercolor of the temple (or anything else)
- A tote bag for them to carry scriptures in
- A Letter would be a special item they can keep forever. You can write everything you love about them in it and why you’re proud of them for choosing to be baptized.
Girls tend to love jewelry and there are so many options out there. From necklaces to bracelets- you will find something that fits any little girl’s personality!
- Always Remember necklace
- I Like To Look For Rainbows necklace
- Baptism Bracelets
- CTR Necklaces are always a popular gift! You can find so many options from talented sellers on Etsy
- My Baptism Rainbow Necklace
- Walk By Faith Charm Bracelet
- Child of God Necklace
- Baptismal Covenant Blossom Bracelet
Most boy-specific gifts will be something for their tie. A tie clip, pin or bar can be found in so many variations!
- Always Remember Pin
- Baptism Arrow Tie Clip
- Compass Tie Bar
- CTR Tie Tack
- CTR Genuine Leather Bracelet
- LDS Baptism Challenge Coin
- God Is My Guide Compass
- My Baptism Tie Bar
One Etsy search for custom LDS Baptism Gifts will generate tons of ideas.
- Customizable Subway Art
- Personalized Embroidered Towel
- Personalized Baptism Print
Journals are a GREAT gift for a newly baptized member. It is a great way to encourage them to write down their feelings and experiences- especially on their baptism day!
- The Book of Mormon Children’s Journal features extra-wide unlined margins for easy journaling, drawing, and note-taking
- Journal Edition Scriptures from Line Upon Line
- I Am A Child of God Spiral Notebook
- Baptism Journal for Boys or Girls
- Baptism Sketch Journal
- My Baptism Journal for Girls
- My Baptism Journal for Boys
- Check out the entire selection of LDS Baptism Journals on Amazon
Most eight-year-olds receive their first set of scriptures when they are baptized. Scripture Accessories are a fun way to give them something that they can use for marking their scriptures.
- Highlighters for scripture marking
- Personalized Engraved Bible Cover
- Scripture Markers
- Baptism Book Mark
- I Am A Child of God zipper pouch would be perfect to store stickers, highlighters, pens or pencils!
- Neutral Colored Bible Markers
- Bible Safe Gel Highlighters
- Baptismal Covenant Book Mark
- Baptismal Covenant Art
- Jesus Christ Hugging Girl Print (with other options available)
- Jesus Christ Hugging Boy Print (with other options available)
- Children and Youth Program Goal Sheet Printable
- I Am A Child of God Personalized Art
- Choose The Right Wall Art
- Jesus Christ Baptism Art Printable
- I Walk By Faith Art Work
- I Am A Child Of God Printable
There are SO MANY books specific for LDS Baptisms- catered to helping children learn more about the covenants they are making. A Book is a fun way to help them continue to learn about the gospel.
A book might be a nice touch to add to your child’s baptism day by having guests write a short note to them in it- it would be a great keepsake!
- Latter Day Temples Coloring Book
- The Atonement of Jesus Christ is Just For Me
- Baptism, Jesus and Me
- The Holy Ghost Is Like A Blanket
- I Can Pray Every Day
- What Are The Promises I Make At Baptism?
- I Like to Look For Rainbows Coloring Book
Vinyl Stickers are so popular- especially among kids! You can find so many Latter-day Saint-themed stickers on Etsy or Amazon and your child or loved one can have fun decorating their water bottles, laptops, or other items!
- Scripture Stickers from the company Line Upon Line are a great, interactive way to get excited about scripture study
- Child of Heavenly Parents Vinyl Stickers for water bottles, laptops, and journals, etc.
- Child of God Vinyl Stickers for water bottles, laptops, and journals, etc.
- CTR Vinyl Sticker
- LDS Primary Sticker Pack from Etsy
- When I Am Baptized Vinyl Sticker
- LDS Uno Baptism Game
- Choose The Right wall art
- Baptismal Covenant Art
- Kit Kat Candy Wrapper Baptism Gift
- Baptism Testimony Cards to have loved ones leave a message on
- Primary Song Set Cards from Salt and Hart for a unique way to display beloved Primary Songs
- Chews The Right Taffy Candy from Amazon
- Words of Faith throw blanket
- Great To Be Eight Shirt boys or girls
- Baptism Blanket with Poem
We hope that this article has given you lots of fun ideas to consider for a baptism gift! Let us know what you ended up giving!
More Latter-day Saint Ideas
- The Best Health Shares for Latter-day Saints
- 20 Virtual Activities for Latter-day Saints: Ideas for Youth, Wards, and More
- 19+ Memorable General Conference Traditions
- Relief Society Christmas Program Ideas: Themes, Dinner Ideas, and More!
- 30+ Fun Relief Society Activity Ideas
- 40+ Primary Activity Day Ideas for Boys and Girls
Cindy Maudsley lives in Utah with her husband and five children. Aside from writing, her passions include her family, faith, and spreading infertility awareness. She also loves a good book or podcast, true crime documentaries , Netflix binge, diet Coke and Target run
Leave a Reply