This easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast is the perfect dinner all year long. It includes an easy way to make a gravy to top it with!
Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast
I know that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I think any time of year is a good one for a delicious turkey breast.
Ever since I saw this one smoked turkey breast my brother-in-law made, I have been wanting to make one at home in my Instant Pot.
A few weeks ago, we had some out of town guests who were traveling a long distance, so I wanted to make them a nice and delicious meal.
My mom and I had made my Quick Dinner Rolls Recipe earlier that day, so I thought it would be the perfect time to make a turkey breast in my Instant Pot.
Thanksgiving had just been a few days previous…but I figured no one would care 🙂
How Long to Cook Turkey Breast in Instant Pot For?
I spent a while trying to find the correct cooking time for a turkey breast in the Instant Pot, and I feel like I kept coming across different calculations.
One website said to plan on six minutes per pound of turkey, but I thought that seemed a little bit low to me. I ended up doing a 2-pound turkey breast for 25 minutes based one chart I saw with a ten-minute pressure release.
The internal temperature when I took it out was 180 degrees – so 165 degrees higher than what is ideal. However, it didn’t taste dry at all, and it confirmed my belief that the Instant Pot makes some of the juiciest meats.
I think if I were to do that small of a turkey breast again, I would do it for around 12-16 minutes and try out that six minutes per pound of turkey breast. As I’ve done more research, this does seem to be the general consensus amongst most.
If the turkey breast is frozen, double that time.
How large of a turkey breast can I do?
I have a 6 quart Instant Pot, and I just used a two-pound turkey breast with plenty of room. I think the largest I would be able to fit into my Instant Pot would be five pounds.
What kind of liquid should I use?
I used chicken broth. I poured chicken broth into the bottom of the bottom, placed a trivet down, and then put the turkey breast on top of that.
Turkey Breast Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Tin Foil
- Meat Thermometer (optional but helpful to make sure it’s done)
Turkey Breast in Instant Pot
Printable version available in the recipe card below.
- 2-5 lb turkey breast – thawed (if not thawed, double cooking time)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
- Costco organic no salt seasoning (or any other savory seasoning blend you have on hand)
- Gravy Mix (optional)
- Wash and dry the turkey breast
- Spritz a little bit of olive oil all over the turkey breast
- Season liberally with all the seasonings – I didn’t have exact amounts. I just sprinkled a bunch on each side and then rubbed it all in.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and put a tablespoon of oil in the bottom
- Once it starts to sizzle, sear each side for about 2 minutes
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Place your trivet down
- Put turkey breast on top of the trivet
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot
- Set to manual high pressure for 6 minutes per pound of turkey
- After the timer goes off, let the pressure naturally released for about 10 minutes, and then use the quick pressure release tool for the remaining pressure
- Remove from Instant Pot and place on tin foil
- Add three tablespoons of butter (cut into one Tablespoon pieces) on top of the turkey breast in different spots
- Wrap in more tin foil for 15-30 minutes
- If crispier skin is desired, place under an oven broiler for 2-3 minutes
- Slice immediately
Gravy Recipe for Turkey Breast
It’s really easy to make gravy to go along with this recipe. Click here for a great gravy recipe – you just need the drippings, some butter, flour, and a little heavy cream.
Does this turn out soggy?
Nope! It wasn’t soggy at all, and we could have easily eaten it straight out of the Instant Pot (well, after letting it rest). However, I do like crispier skin, so I threw it under broil for about three minutes in the oven, and it was perfect.
What is the rest time for this recipe?
I recommend letting it rest for 15-30 minutes.
What should the internal temperature be?
The internal temperature of turkey breast should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Instant Pot Eastern Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Ground Beef Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Stuffed Dinner in a Pumpkin
- Easy Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- The Best Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
Turkey breasts are so easy and delicious to make – they are a great alternative to a traditional turkey, and it’s easier than ever when you make it in the Instant Pot!
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.