If you’re a regular reader of Clarks Condensed, you’ve probably seen a recipe or two that I’ve claimed to be the best ever (of that type.) And I truly believe that when I say that. However, I know that “the best” is very subjective, and what I think is amazing, another might find subpar (even though, I know I’m right 😉
Well, today, I’m sharing with you a recipe that not only I think is amazing, but I know many, many others feel that way about too — the best chili recipe ever. Need proof? It recently won second place in the LDS Living Chili Cook-off. I entered it on a whim, and was kind of shocked (but not really…because it’s that good) when I got an email a few weeks ago telling me I had gotten second place. Sure, it wasn’t first, but this chili recipe has won many other chili cook offs…so I think it evens out to the best ever 😉
I don’t even like chili, but I can’t get enough of this. The liquid smoke, the bacon, and the beans used make it absolutely irresistible. This recipe has been passed around my family — I didn’t make it up, just made a few adjustments — and we all love it. It tastes great right off the stove, or heated up as left overs. Add cheese on top, or eat it plain — you’ll love it either way. And if you are ever entering a chili cook off…bring this recipe. I’m pretty sure you’ll win. Just make sure it’s not the same contest I’m entering!
This can be a crock pot chili or made on the stove — either way, this chili recipe turns out great, makes a ton, and is super satisfying!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 2 cans pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 6 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, and cook until hot.
- If cooking in the crock pot, cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 5-6 hours.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2082 Total Fat: 102g Saturated Fat: 32g Cholesterol: 424mg Sodium: 4357mg Carbohydrates: 189g Sugar: 163g Protein: 114g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com