It’s never been easier to be informed (and entertained) while pregnant! These are the best pregnancy apps that moms of all ages and stages will love.
When I had my first baby back in 2009 I was rocking a Blackberry cell phone, and I thought I was pretty hip.
Just two years later when I was pregnant with my second, I was slowly getting used to my new Smart Phone- using only a few apps regularly.
Now seven years later I am pregnant with my third baby and as we all know- Smart Phones are everywhere! I use my phone for everything and I bet you do, too. It has been fun to be pregnant again after so many years. A lot has changed in the pregnancy and baby world.
Including how I get my information and how I document every stage of my pregnancy. Back in 2009 I was buying books and using my desktop to find out answers to my questions. Now with my Smart Phone, I literally have anything and everything I would ever need right at my fingertips.
FREE Online Prenatal Course!
Join our "Surviving Pregnancy" eCourse
- Free eight day course taking you from conception to postpartum recovery
- Tips and Tricks from a Mom of 2
- Access to our FREE pregnancy and postpartum support group
It is a great time to be pregnant! From week to week updates to looking up health questions there are so many apps out there to help you through every stage of your pregnancy.
We’ve done the research and have found ten of the best pregnancy apps out there.
The Best Pregnancy Apps
Web MD Pregnancy
Free available for iOS
Web MD is probably the website you find yourself going to most regularly for health questions. Now you can go to it for your pregnancy, too.
With this app comes access to over 900 doctor-approved articles around all-things pregnancy. You can also find plenty of maternity support and advice in the WebMD pregnancy community. Plus, you’ll love the included belly tracker and pregnancy journal!
• Symptom Checker – Choose your symptoms and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Medication Reminders – View daily medication schedules and instructions, pill images with dosage and timing information, and receive reminders for when it’s time to take a given medication.
• Local Physician and Health Directory – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Pill Identifier – Identify medications by size, shape, and color, and read about uses, side effects, and warnings.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• News and Lifestyle Section – Stay current on the top stories you care about most with topical articles, slideshows, and videos focused on key health topics.
• Customization and Saving Functionality – Save your conditions, drugs, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
• Drug Interaction Checker – Find and identify potentially harmful and unsafe combinations of prescription medications by entering two or more drugs in question.
The Bump is perfect for first-time moms, providing features you won’t find anywhere else. And it’s free!
Including a Planner that prepares every mom-to-be for each doctor visit, an interactive 3D visualization of baby’s growth, Daily, award-winning pregnancy and baby editorial articles, real-time answers to all your questions and a catalog of baby products and reviews from all major retailers.
For more fun be sure to use this app to document your pregnancy by creating a weekly album of your growing belly. And once the baby is born, the album expands to track the first amazing year of baby’s life.
This app is the app for all pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. Because it hard to know what medications are safe to take during pregnancy or breastfeeding Mommy Meds helps ensures that you will be given the most accurate description of over thousands of medications.
Just search or scan the barcodes of thousands of medications and receive immediate, easy to understand information on drug safety and ingredients.
-Scan medications for safety ratings
-Search over 20,000 drugs and medications
-Easy to use interface
Ovia Pregnancy Tracker
Ovia is a FREE baby tracker and countdown app that tracks your pregnancy and shares information on baby development. Available only for iOS users.
◆ Customizable baby name, gender, goals, and health tracking
◆ Dynamic timeline with articles and tips based on your data
Also included are videos in the app with different specialists in the field, like a nutritionist.
You can look up the safety for medications and foods during your pregnancy, as well as get info on some symptoms to help ease your mind in between doctor appointments.
As an added bonus you can track your sleep, weight, activity levels, daily steps, and nutrition!
This free Pregnancy app includes adorable images and guides that will make it so fun to follow along! If you’re wanting to keep it light, rest assured this stays away from heavy medical information — only useful practical tips!
- You and your body: what’s happening, what’s normal
- What’s going on to your baby week by week
- What should you do and learn before the baby is here
- What is necessary to know about the first six months of your baby’s life to become the best Mommy ever
- Over 280 cards written by top experts
- Checklists & digests: get prepared for parenthood
- Mommy Yoga video classes
- 3D visualizations of the Womb
Baby Pics App
This is a must-have for anyone who loves to share photos on social media.
It includes Pregnancy Milestones, Baby Milestones, and Big Kid Milestones
Capture your baby bump growth week by week and the baby’s firsts for years to come.
It’s easy to use, too! Simply snap the moment as it happens or selects from your camera roll. Then pick and choose from adorable artwork, add text and save and share!
Included are gorgeous filters to enhance your photos.
Here’s a sneak peak via their website of what you can expect to find on this app:
DATES: 1 week, 2 months, 2 years, due dates, birthdays + many more
FIRSTS: First kick, first ultrasound, today I smiled for the first time, today I stood up, my first shoes + many more
PREGNANCY: Getting big, little belly vs big belly, overdue, twins, Mom & Dad are getting me a human + many more
HOLIDAYS: Santa Baby, happy holidays, too cute for the naughty list, happy Easter + many more
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Pregnancy announcements, birth announcements, gender reveals, the rumors are true, we’re pregnant, surprise!, due in July, any day now, she’s here! + many more
DAILY: Crazy kid, little man, chubby cheeks, fit mama, spoilt, kissy lips + many more
HUMOR: Available to unlock – milk drunk, poop explosion, bun in the oven, an eviction notice is given, notorious b.u.b + many more
BIG KIDS: Don’t grow up, free-range kid, story time, bookworm, half wild – half child, no no no. + many more
FRIENDS & FAMILY: meet my pals, brotherly love, I’m going to be a grandma, I love Mom, family time + many more
DOODLES: Hearts, borders, banners, butterflies, squiggles + many more
Belly Bump App
$.99 available for iOS only
This app was created by celeb dads: Justin Baldoni of Jane the Virgin, Travis Clark of We The Kings, and Travis Van Winkle of The Last Ship. So you know it’s going to be good! If you love taking weekly belly bump shots- this is for you!
This app helps you track, store, and share memories of your pregnancy and growing baby with amazing time lapse videos!
– Reminders to take your photos daily, weekly, or bi-weekly
– Share each photo individually, or create a time lapse video to document your full journey in one place
– Customize photos and time-lapse videos with text, songs of your choice, and desired speed.
– Save photos and videos directly to your cloud or post to social media with the click of a button.
This is definitely a fun and light-hearted way to track your pregnancy progress.
Sprout Pregnancy App
This app is great for record keeping and memory making. It includes a Pregnancy Journal with FREE PDF to view or print and includes over 350 fun entry ideas!
• DAILY and weekly information about you and your developing baby
• Personalized Pregnancy Timeline*
• Tools (Weight Tracker, Kick Counter, and Contraction Timer)*
There is even a section where you can jot down reminders such as weekly appointments and questions you may want to ask your doctor.
My Baby’s Beat
$4.99 available for iOS only
Imagine not having to wait in between appointments to hear your baby’s heart beat. If that sounds like something you’d enjoy then this app is definitely for you.
It’s simple. Just lie down and hold your phone’s microphone over your bump to listen in on your baby any time you want.
If you are unsure of what you are listening for or where to find it, the app includes sample sounds so you know for sure. You can save recordings, too!
It is recommended that for best results, use “My Baby’s Beat” after reaching week 30. Please be aware that this is not a medical device, has not been reviewed by the FDA, and is not intended as a replacement for medical advice of any kind.
What to Expect App
I’m sure you’ve all heard of the trusted What to Expect When You’re Expecting books. Now you can skip the heavy lifting and use their app to get all that same great information- and more!
This app has been chosen by over 15 million moms and guides you through pregnancy day-by-day and week-by-week. Start by entering your baby’s due date and start tracking your baby’s growth right away. You’ll then receive updates on your baby’s development, tips, articles, and the latest parenting news. Find yourself involved with other parents with due dates around yours and enjoy their support from an active parent community.
• Personalized pregnancy tracker shows your baby’s daily development
• 15,000+ medically accurate articles on every aspect of pregnancy and parenting, from preconception
through the toddler years
• Daily tips, up-to-the-minute health news, and personal stories from real parents
• Week-by-week development info, helping you understand your changing body and baby’s amazing development through each stage of pregnancy
• Pregnancy videos showing just what to expect this week
• Search tools to help you find fast, accurate answers for your pregnancy questions
• Special groups devoted to birth locations, interests, medical conditions, parenting styles, must-have baby gear, and more!
Full Term Pregnancy App
You will definitely need this contraction counter app for the end of your pregnancy.
This app uses a convenient stopwatch that is easy to use to count each contraction. Simply press green when the contraction starts and red when it stops. Super easy! Each contraction is timed and then automatically saves so you can share with your partner or health care provider.
Also included are a nifty kick counter where you can track how many kicks your baby is giving you, a place to take notes, and a way to set reminders so you can count.
There is also a weight tracker to keep track of your weight gain, reminders and notes.
50,000 Baby Names App
Free on iOS
Need help deciding on a name? It can be challenging and stressful- but with this app- it doesn’t have to be!
With over 50,000 names included, you can keep track of your favorites with lists that even friends and family can add to.
– Over 50,000 Boy and Girl Names
– Tons of search, sort and filter options
– See similar names and similar sounding names
– Browse by origin or do a keyword search
– View name meaning, origin, popularity, etc.
– Store two favorite lists and up to 20 favorites for free
– See 150 random names per day for free
– Sort by Boy or Girl & Filter by Popularity
Hopefully, this list gives you some great ideas on different apps to add to your phone to help make your pregnancy a little more fun. It’s an exciting time to be expecting a baby so soak it up and have fun with what is available out there!
Other Pregnancy Posts You May Enjoy
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).