Don’t Eat Pete is a fun, simple game for all ages to enjoy. Here is a Halloween Don’t Eat Pete Game Board printable that is perfect for school and church Halloween parties, as well as Don’t Eat Pete instructions!
Growing up, my family often played a game called “Don’t Eat Pete.” I have no idea where the origins of this game came from, but it’s something we all really enjoyed.
The premise of the game is so simple, and really, I think the main reason we liked it was because we got to eat candy. It was fun to yell, “Don’t Eat Pete!” at each other as well.
A few weeks ago, Jack played this at a church event, and he has been obsessed with it ever since. I decided that it would be fun to make a Halloween version of it, and he was SO excited when I told him we would play it after naptime. The first thing he said when he woke up – in a very tired, half-asleep voice – was, “Let’s play Don’t Eat Pete!” He loved playing a couple of rounds with Forrest and me.
In case you have never played it before, here’s a basic rundown of the “Don’t Eat Pete” game rules:
- Place a piece of candy, cracker, or other small treat on each square on the board.
- Send one person out of the room. While they are out of the room, everyone else determines which square they will put “Pete” on (a piece of candy.)
- Call the person back into the room.
- The person who was out of the room takes one piece of candy (or whatever is on the board) at a time and eats it. When they reach the piece that is on the “Pete” space, everyone yells, “Don’t Eat Pete!”
So obviously, this game doesn’t have a ton of strategy, and it’s kind of random, but everyone always seems to get really into it! I love the look of pure joy Jack has on his face in this picture:
Here is the game board! This is a great game for school or church Halloween parties.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com