This white chocolate cherry tart recipe is SO easy and absolutely delicious. It’s perfect for those nights where you need something sweet but don’t feel like cooking up a storm!
White Chocolate Cherry Tart
- 10 ounces of cherry pie filling about half of a 21 ounce can
- 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of almond slices
- pie crust I used a Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Whipped Cream
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Roll out pie crust. I used a pie pan, but mostly you just need something that will catch any leaking liquid.
- Pour pie filling in the middle.
- Add white chocolate chips and almond slices.
- Fold sides over the top, but remove excess pie dough on top.
- You don't want six layers of dough on top.
- Leave a little room between the different sections of dough.
- It doesn't have to be perfectly covered.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Be careful when removing the dish, it will likely be hot if you're not careful.
- Remove the tart from the oven, add butter to the exposed pie crust.
- Place tart back in the oven for 5 minutes on a low broil, or remove when crust is sufficiently browned and butter as been absorbed. The only part of the dish that needs to be cooked thoroughly is the crust, so make sure the crust is cooked all the way through before eating.
- Our tart turned out great. We let it cool for a little bit, and then we enjoyed a slice with a spoonful of whipped cream.
A few weeks ago we didn’t have any sweet treats to satisfy my sweet tooth. We did have some leftover pizza dough, some pie filling, and a few other things. I tried to make a tart.
It turned out okay. It was a little dense and thick, but it still tasted great. I’ve improved the recipe a bit, and we decided to share it with you. This recipe is super easy. Obviously, you could try to make a pie filling, pie crust, and whipped cream from scratch.
However, for about the same amount of money, and a tenth the effort you can use some pre-made filling and crust. It will still turn out tasting great. To me, these kinds of warm, fruit-filled treats really make a house a home. I always enjoyed my mom’s rice pudding or peach cobbler that she would make at night when I was younger. I think this dish fits into the mold of those kinds of dishes. They’re all warm, flavorful, sweet, and just delicious. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
Thank you to Wayfair for sponsoring this post!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com