Father’s Day is quickly approaching, so it’s never too soon to start thinking about what to get the dads in your life.
I think books are a great option – there are so many different kinds. Whether he likes to cook, work on cars, or read a novel, I can almost guarantee you can find a book that the dad you are buying for will love. Here are a few themed gift ideas for all kinds of dads:
Thank you to Barnes and Noble for sponsoring this post.
I grew up with a dad who enjoyed cooking outdoors – including over a grill. It seems like a lot of men really enjoy this, so if that’s the dad you are buying for, here are a few grilling cookbooks to add to his gift:
- Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction
- Master of the Grill: Foolproof Recipes, Top-Rated Gadgets, Gear & Ingredients Plus Clever Test Kitchen Tips & Fascinating
- Southern Living Ultimate Book of BBQ: The Complete Year-Round Guide to Grilling and Smoking
In addition to some new cookbooks, here are a few other items you could add:
- New grilling tools
- Meat thermometer
- Premium cuts of meat
- Dad apron
- Special set of BBQ rubs, marinades, or sauces
Did you see our video of Jack and Forrest making a cornhole board together? They love doing projects together. And with all of the projects are going to undertake soon on our new house, combined with the amount of HGTV we watch, I think it’s safe to say Forrest is being DIY dad.
Here are a few books he might enjoy:
- Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House (I actually really want this one)
- Made by Dad: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff
And you can add one or two of these items if you want:
- Lego Architecture Skylines – New York, Venice, Berlin
- New power tools (we love anything from Ryobi)
- Gift card to Home Depot or Lowes
Did you ever watch Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? We always loved watching that when it first came on. I clearly remember the first person who actually won – and how the only lifeline he used was to call someone to say he was about to win a million dollars.
Most people didn’t get that far without using their lifelines though, and I always would think, “Who would I use for my call-a-friend?”
Well, if your dad is the person you’d have on your list, then these books are perfect for him. He loves history. He knows random facts. You wonder how one person can cram so much into one brain.
- The Wright Brothers
- Billion Dollar Spy: A True Story of Cold War Espionage and Betrayal
- The Best in the World: At What I Don’t Know
- Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War That Changed American History
A few other things he might like:
- Trivial Pursuit
- Daily Calendars with random facts
- Tickets to a museum
- Forbes Thought of the Day: Five-Year Journal for Business and Life
Proud to be an American Dad
He flies his American flag every day. He proudly sings the National Anthem at every event. He certainly bleeds red, white, and blue. Yes, your dad is proud to be an American, and everyone around him knows it. Consider getting him one of these:
- American Patriot’s Handbook, 2E: The Writings, History, and Spirit of a Free Nation
- Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House
- 14th Colony
- Five Presidents: My Extraordinary Journey with Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, and Ford
You could also get him:
- American Flag
- Patriotic Tie
- Patriotic T-Shirt
- Puzzle of the White House
Sport Loving Dad
His idea of a good time is kicking around a soccer ball or having a good ol’ fashioned baseball game. He gets up early every Saturday to coach the kid’s games. His extra pennies are saved for a season pass to his favorite team. Sport loving dad will love these things. Forrest is definitely a sport loving dad!
- Billy Martin: Baseball’s Flawed Genius
- The Champion’s Comeback
- On the Origins of Sports
- Home Game Big-League Stories from My Life in Baseball’s First Family
And then throw in one of these to sweeten the deal
- S’well 17oz Bottle Teakwood (these are AMAZING for keeping water cold)
- Tickets to a game
- A new basketball, soccer ball, baseball mitt, etc.
What dad doesn’t love getting something to remember their children by? My dad has pictures, handmade gifts, etc. from over the years, and I think it’s always a good way to go on Father’s Day. Here are a few sentimental ideas:
- Letters to My Dad: Write Now. Read Later. Treasure Forever.
- What I love About Dad Little Gift Book
- You’re My Hero Little Gift Book
- Vouchers for Dad Booklet
- Handprint art
- Breakfast in bed
- Hand drawn photo
Barnes and Noble has tons of other great books – you are definitely guaranteed to find something the men in your life will love. Plus, they have awesome sales!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com