Swiss Sausage Sliders
- 24 King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 12 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 pound Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Celestial Seasonings Spicy Southwest, or similar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dried onions
- In a large bowl, mix together both sausages, diced onion, diced red pepper, bbq sauce, garlic power, and spicy southwest seasoning. Mix until everything is combined together.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Form about 3-inch patties, and cook 3-4 at a time. Cook evenly on both sides, ensuring that the meat is cooked all the way through. Place on a paper-towel lined plate. Once all are made, pat away the excess grease.
- Cut rolls in half, and place bottoms along the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place one sausage, and a half piece of swiss, on each sandwich. Replace tops of lids.
- Melt butter. Mix in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and dried onions. Pour over the tops of the sandwiches. Let sit in fridge over night (if possible) or for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
Revamp Spunky Rena says
Hi Lovely! I’m your newest follower from Blog Hop.
Nice pictures and love your awesome blog.
Feel free to follow me @ http://www.revampspunkyrena.com
I love ham sliders. We call them ooey gooey ham sliders, best with leftover Christmas ham.