This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.It has been so rainy and gloomy here that I thought it would be delicious to have chili one night for dinner.I had actually never made White Bean and Chicken Chili before but I have eaten dishes similar at social functions so I knew that it was something I wanted to try out for myself. And it happened to be an instant hit with my family!The secret to making this chili as delicious as it was is the S&W White Chili Beans (with onion, garlic, chili spices and mild jalapeno) and the S&W White Beans (in light seasoning) so make sure you purchase those varieties because the flavor combination was spot on! I am somewhat of a choosy cook, and I believe that no one does beans better than S&W.Just sayin’.
Not only has S&W Beans had the highest standards in the industry for over 120 years but many of their bean varieties have 50% less sodium and are organic.Right now Now through 12/31/2017 S&W Beans is offering $1 off 2 cans of S&W Beans. Get (and print) your coupon from the S&W Beans website.My favorite thing about this recipe was how fast and easy it was to throw together! I literally put it together in under ten minutes, and it just cooked all day in my crock pot.
You can even make this into a freezer meal. Simply add all the ingredients into a freezer Ziploc bag and let it thaw before pulling it out to put in your crock pot.I’m pretty positive this chili will be added into our dinner rotation this winter!
- 1 15 oz. can S&W White Chili Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can S&W Beans White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 4 oz. cans roasted green chilies, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Warm a skillet with your vegetable oil and saute your onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until tender- set aside
- Rinse and drain your S&W Beans and place in crock pot
- Add your green chilies, 1 cup water, 4 cups chicken broth, salt and pepper, and cumin into the crock pot.
- Mix in onions and garlic.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours
- Before serving, remove 1 cup of beans from crock pot, and 12 cup liquid and put in a blender and pulse until smooth
- Return the bean and liquid mixture to crock pot, mix and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese, cilantro or green onions