As soon as the cooler weather hits I give myself permission to start making my favorite soup and chili recipes that I tend to put aside during the warmer months.
Luckily, my two girls and my husband love soups so it is something we tend to eat a lot of in the winter months. Most recipes can be used in a crock pot which I love!
This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It has been so rainy and gloomy here that I thought it would be delicious to have chili one night for dinner.
I had actually never made White Bean and Chicken Chili before but I have eaten dishes similar at social functions so I knew that it was something I wanted to try out for myself. And it happened to be an instant hit with my family!
The secret to making this chili as delicious as it was is the S&W White Chili Beans (with onion, garlic, chili spices and mild jalapeno) and the S&W White Beans (in light seasoning) so make sure you purchase those varieties because the flavor combination was spot on! I am somewhat of a choosy cook, and I believe that no one does beans better than S&W.
Not only has S&W Beans had the highest standards in the industry for over 120 years but many of their bean varieties have 50% less sodium and are organic.
Right now Now through 12/31/2017 S&W Beans is offering $1 off 2 cans of S&W Beans. Get (and print) your coupon from the S&W Beans website.
My favorite thing about this recipe was how fast and easy it was to throw together! I literally put it together in under ten minutes, and it just cooked all day in my crock pot.
You can even make this into a freezer meal. Simply add all the ingredients into a freezer Ziploc bag and let it thaw before pulling it out to put in your crock pot.
I’m pretty positive this chili will be added into our dinner rotation this winter!
- 1 15 oz. can S&W White Chili Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can S&W Beans White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 4 oz. cans roasted green chilies, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Warm a skillet with your vegetable oil and saute your onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until tender- set aside
- Rinse and drain your S&W Beans and place in crock pot
- Add your green chilies, 1 cup water, 4 cups chicken broth, salt and pepper, and cumin into the crock pot.
- Mix in onions and garlic.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours
- Before serving, remove 1 cup of beans from crock pot, and 12 cup liquid and put in a blender and pulse until smooth
- Return the bean and liquid mixture to crock pot, mix and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese, cilantro or green onions
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).