A quick and delicious weeknight meal, this Mexican Taco Lasagna is packed full of flavor, cheese, and is a fun twist on a traditional lasagna.
I love lasagna. And I also love Mexican food. So that only logical thing to do is combine them, right?
Even if your train of thought didn’t immediately bring you to that conclusion, I think you’ll still really enjoy this recipe. We’ve made it several times in the past few months, and I feel like it gets better every time. I actually first thought up this recipe way back in November. But at that same time, I saw like four other bloggers post a taco lasagna recipe in one week…so I decided to hold back awhile.
While there are quite a few taco lasagna recipes out there, I think this one takes the cake. It’s layered with corn tortillas, beans, ground beef, salsa, and more. And it’s oh-so-delicious. I usually don’t even like beans, and this is probably one of my favorite meals.
It’s so easy to throw together, and it can easily be a made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Just prepare as I describe below (besides cooking it), cover with tin foil, and place in the freezer until you’re ready to make it. Then, just put it in the refrigerator the morning before you want to make it, and bake that night. Easy Peasy!
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning, I use French's
- 2/3 cup water.
- 2 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups mexican blend cheese
- 1 - 2 cup salsa, approximately - your favorite kind!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add beans and taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water.
- Cook until taco seasoning is absorbed.
- Add onions, chili powder, and garlic.
- Set to low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly fry tortillas
- Add thin layer of salsa to 8x8 dish (about 1/2 cup of salsa).
- Layer four tortillas, then a layer of salsa, a layer of the meat mixture, and then cheese. Repeat once more.
- Cover with ton foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and cook 10 minutes more. Broil for 2 minutes if cheese isn't crisp enough.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com