A super simple recipe for hot wassail in the Instant Pot! It’s fragrant and delicious…and most of all, EASY!
Pressure Cooker Wassail
Is there anything better than a steaming cup of hot apple wassail?!
On Christmas Eve, my brother-in-law spent part of the day making an absolutely delicious hot wassail for the family to enjoy.
It’s hard to explain how delicious the flavor was – I think it’s one of the best wassails I’ve ever had.
So yesterday, on New Year’s Eve, Forrest decided he wanted to make some wassail…but we didn’t have the time necessary for mulling it.
Because we love our instant pot so much (check out our Instant Pot guide here), Forrest suddenly had the suggestion that we use it to make wassail.
It seemed like the perfect solution because, while nothing can replace wassail that has been mulled over the stove for hours, the pressure cooker could help mimic that in a fraction of the time.
So, off he went gathering ingredients from our pantry, and in about 30 minutes, we had some steaming, flavorful pressure cooker wassail.
We all LOVED it. Oliver kept saying, “More wassail please?”
And Jack gave it his seal of approval.
We didn’t have any bottles of juice, so we just used some frozen juice concentrates, which worked great. However, we have added the measurements for those of you who prefer to use bottled juice!
Instant Pot Hot Wassail
- 8 cups apple juice OR 1 1/3 container frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 cups orange juice OR 1/3 container frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 18 whole cloves
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups water , only if you are using the concentrate
- Place all ingredients into Instant Pot and stir.
- Place lid back onto Instant Pot and set for manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer has counted down to zero, let it release its pressure manually for 10 minutes.
- Remove whole cloves using a strainer
- Enjoy! Keep on warm to enjoy for hours!
You May Also Enjoy:
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com