Spaghetti Bolognese has never been easier than making it in the Instant Pot pressure cooker! This recipe will taste like you simmered it for hours – in less than an hour!
Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
There’s nothing I love quite more than a homemade bolognese sauce.
I used to be more of a white sauce kind of person, but in recent years, I’ve really come to appreciate a well-made red sauce….and there’s no topping bolognese.
Olive Garden’s tastes pretty good, and I think it’s pretty versatile with a bunch of different types of dishes. They actually share the exact recipe they use on their website, which is helpful!
However, it can be a little bit time intensive, so I decided to try and convert it to work with my Instant Pot.
And that it did! I was so happy with how it turned out. We made this sauce on Jack’s birthday, which is always a tricky time to experiment with new recipes, but I couldn’t have been happier with how it turned out.
Everyone kept raving about how delicious it tasted – even some of the people in the room who don’t normally love pasta. It tasted as if it had been simmering for hours. The flavor…I can’t even describe!
Get the BEST Instant Pot Recipes!
Signup for our weekly newsletter for our latest Instant Pot and other family friendly recipes!
- As a bonus, you will receive an FREE eCookbook and meal planner
- Let us know what IP recipes YOU want next!
I did use 100% grape juice instead of red wine because a) we don’t drink, so we don’t have wine in our house and b) I didn’t want to buy wine just for this. I think grape juice is a pretty good substitute for red wine in these types of situations, and I felt this tasted just like the Olive Garden version.
If you cook the ground beef in the Instant Pot, make sure you deglaze the pot so prevent burning. But this is a pretty simple recipe. We used our Johnsonville Sausage Grill for the sausages, but you can just as easily cook those on the stove top while the sauce cooks in the pressure cooker 🙂
Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag of frozen Mirepoix carrots, onions, celery
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz italian sauce links cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cup 100% grape juice or red wine
- 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dry rosemary)
- ½ tsp dry sage
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Put olive oil in the instant pot and turn to medium saute.
- Add mirepoix and garlic and saute until not frozen and soft.
- Add ground beef and cook and crumble. Drain excess grease.
- Deglaze pan with grape juice or red wine and reduce about 10 minutes - stirring regularly
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Put lid on and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- While cooking, cook sausage links and slice.
- Let NPR for 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Mix in sausage links and serve over spaghetti noodles with parmesan cheese.
Other Olive Garden Copy Cat Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Olive Garden Five Cheese Marinara
- Copycat Olive Garden Giant Sausage Stuffed Rigatoni Recipe
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Pie
- Olive Garden Loaded Pasta Chips
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).