Before Halloween, I went to the store in search of candy canes. I needed them for a recipe I was making for our eBook. However, none were to be found (which is understandable. It wasn’t even Halloween.) However, when I went to Walmart, I stumbled upon a bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips …and my early obsession with peppermint began.
I tried my hardest not to celebrate Christmas before Thanksgiving. I really did. Forrest is very passionate about celebrating Thanksgiving. We only listened to Christmas music once or twice. Our Christmas decorations went up yesterday, on December 2nd. But I just couldn’t help but start baking with these delicious peppermint baking chips. They were just so delicious.
I made these double chocolate peppermint cookies a few days before Halloween. And they were so delicious! They are extra chocolately, and instead of putting vanilla in them, I used peppermint extract. Peppermint extract is another item I’ve been kind of obsessed with recently (see these delicious peppermint doughnuts for proof). I think it tastes amazing with chocolate. And these cookies are definitely not lacking in chocolate!
I remember my sister Cindy used to make some amazing double chocolate cookies (do you still make those, Cindy?) For the longest time, they were my absolute favorite. I hadn’t had any for awhile, but it just felt like they would pair perfectly with the Andes chips. Plus, I think the red and white from the Andes chips makes these cookies look fun and festive!
For this recipe, make sure that you mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, and that you chill the dough. It really will make a difference!
I’m sure we all are gearing up to start making yummy treats for family and friends, so I hope you’ll try these out! I don’t think you (or anyone who eats them) will be disappointed! I’m off to make some myself.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Chips
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peppermint extract. Cream together until nice and smooth.
- Add the egg to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Finally, add in the peppermint chips and mix again.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tablespoons full on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com